Friday, August 12, 2011

Welcome Baby Andre Chua Jia Zhe!

On 2nd Aug morning when I did my first pee, I saw blood! Plenty. Guess it might be the mucus plug. The night before, I was having a hard time sleeping because I had painful contractions. This is it!

Hui did an emergency call to MIL to ask him come over our house to look after EC so we could go visit the gynae. As expected, Dr Chua wanted me to admit for 1 day for monitoring of contractions.

Stayed for 1 night in Thomson Medical Centre and during the day, the contractions seems better and bleeding was reduced. But when night came, bleeding came back and contractions was at 10-15 mins apart. It was damn painful lor! I never had such contractions pain during my first pregnancy with EC as they were born premature without the real labour contractions. I had E-Csec back then due to placenta problem. So I guess this time this is how the so-called labour contractions feel! Everytime it happen, I almost wanted to tear!

The next morning, Gynae came for visit and say I am still in the early labour stage as contractions is not so intense yet and bag is not burst. She asked if I wanted to be discharge and wait for waterbag to burst itself then admit again or straight go for csec. She expected baby should be out within these few days as head already engaged, mucus plug out and contractions started. Hui's concern was what happen if we went back home? I have to monitor closely that the baby is still moving and all the bleeding and contraction, will it cause distress to the baby since it already started and we are not in hospital to monitor?

I have the options of VBAC (virginal birth after Csec) or go via elective csec. This 2 options had been in our mind since my wk34 term and Hui & I simply can't choose which option to go. VBAC has it's risk especially the wound ruptured thing which happen to 1 out of 200 mothers. If that happens to me, it's a danger to both mother and baby. And also the uncertainty of natural birth where I might ended up E-Csec again which will choked up a hefty hospital bill.

So end up we choose 11th Aug for the csec date but seems baby wanted to come out earlier. During gynae ward visit on 3rd Aug, she asked again if I wanted to consider VBAC. But after a serious discussion with Hui and also thanks to my best pal Gek Eng for some advise which supported my concerns, we decided to skip all the risk and uncertainties of natural birth and go ahead with elective csec via Epidural. Also because I had gone through a scary labour during my first pregnancy, it kind of gave me a phobia of going through natural birth and entering the observation ward again.

So we push forward to 3rd Aug since I was already admitted on 2nd Aug. So last minute the OT room was booked for my csec at 2pm.............

Within 10 mins or so, I've heard Andre's first cry!


Fresh from the oven! Weighing 2.72Kg, Height 49cm.


Before cleaning up


Gift from DiDi to Chloe


Gift from DiDi to Elsie


Taking turns to sayang DiDi. They are very protective towards this little brother. Doesnt allow others to get near besides Hui & I!

0 comments: