Saturday, June 18, 2011

Happy Father's Day

Ever since chan 8 showed the variety show "Drypers 絕世好爸", Hui is motivated to be one too. There was a part where the contestants (the Daddies) had to cook a meal for his wife and kids. Hui had then shown interest in cooking and was seen in the kitchen preparing lunch on Saturday for the family when we had the time. He said he wanted his kids to proudly mention infront of his friends that "我们是吃爸爸煮的饭长大地!". So far he had tried to cook Nasi Lemak, Fried Bee Hoon, Green/Red bean soup, barley and mee sua (with all sorts of ingredients in the mee sua soup).

I don't mind giving him this honour since I don't like to cook. I prefer to be the discipline mistress in the house looking over the kids education and disciplinary matters. :)

I don't like to cook because I hate the aftermath - WASHING! After whopping up a spread, the kitchen cabinet, table top and floor will be so oily. And I hate the washing part too of all the oily plates and untensils. During home econs lessons during my secondary days, my partner was usually the one doing the washing while I did the cooking/baking. Of course I wouldn't mind cooking some simple stuffs that would not make the kitchen oily. Like spagetti, maggi mee, porridge/mee sua for the girls etc. But definitely not dishes that needs plenty of oil especially deep frying! Even baking, Hui is always the one doing the washing of the damn oily buttery tray while I do the baking. He said I had no skills in washing as the tray is still oily after I wash! Well, fine!

Anyway, I had plans to get cookery book for him as Father's Day gift but there are too many cook book out there that I'm not sure which to choose. Yesterday while shopping with Hui at Popular, Hui picked up 2 cook book. It comes with book I and II. While he was still deciding whether to buy and which one should he buy, I grab BOTH and head towards the cashier. This is the perfect gift for him on Father's Day! It also benefits me as I will have scrumptous food to eat on wkend cooked by my hubby. Well, practice makes perfect and I don't mind to be his guinea pig. How can I still complain when I don't cook and there's someone who is willing to cook for the family, isnt it?

The 2 cookery book for him - from Mediacorp with receipe from the show "3菜1汤".

And this is the Mother's Day gift from him to me in May. Compared this to the 2 books I bought for him, I can buy 10 of that cook book!

It's not about the price, but the thoughts that counts, right? *wink*

0 comments: