It was a healthy Monday.
Hui was involved in a wedding on Sunday (he was 1 of the xiong di & main coordinator, so he left the house at 6+am and reached home at 1am!), so he took leave today to rest at home. It was a very last minute decision as it was only decided on this morning itself. But because he did not want to let his mother know about this, so he had to wear office wear and brought the girls to her place as if it was like normal working days.
After dropping the girls at MIL place, we came back home together. Seeing him at home made me no mood to work as well! So I took half day leave too and we planned for a workout at gym. He did some housework in the morning while I replied to some office emails. 11.30am we got ourself prepared and left the house around 12.15pm.
I ended off from there, I started off from there......
2 years ago, I had my very last gym session at Vivocity Planet Fitness. At that time, I was already pregnant but I did not know about it. Few days later when I did a test, it was positive and I was already 6 weeks pregnant. From that day onwards, I never step into the gym anymore. Not even after I gave birth and stop breastfeeding!
Fat FAt FAT, I am! Ever since I stop pumping breastmilk, I feel like a pig eating non stop but never get rid of those extra calories gained. Weighing on the scale and seeing the digit increasing every week made me wana kill myself! Squeezing my tummy and showing the horrible fats I gained to Hui had become a daily night topic. Wanted to lose weight and get rid of the tummy so much, but super lack of the motivation to execise. Working from home too often had made me even lazier to get change and step out of the house just to go gym. Find it's a waste of petrol somehow to purposely get out of house and travel to parkway for gym and back home. Running by pavement along the roadside was something I hated because I feel more unhealthy breathing in the carbon monoxide from the car exhaust pipe. So all the thoughts of losing weight did not happen....
And today, Hui was determined to get me out of the house and step into the gym again. He had a trial pass with True Fitness (previously known as Planet Fitness) and it was only for Vivocity branch. He was still considering to purchase the membership so requested the trial version first from the True Fitness sales consultant. As for me, it is one of my company benefit to enter the gym FOC. :)
So 2 years later, I am back at the same place again for my workout. All the equipments I normally used are still the same, but the stamina I had was no longer the same. Running on the threadmill for 10mins and I could feel the breathless in me and the legs and mind kept telling me to stop. Anyway it was my first time back to execise after 2 years so can't expect much from it too. Had some workout too with the cross trainer, stomach crush machine and some weights machine before leaving the place. Spent about 2hours there. It was a good sweat-out! It's really a long time since I sweat like this. Kind of miss the gym routine I had last time, twice a week (if no time, at least once a week) after work with my colleagues. But I know the gym kakis can no longer go gym together because of our different job nature now. :(
Had our lunch at subway after gym. Both shared a 6 inch grilled chicken Honey Oat bread, accompany with a cup of barley and cookie. Went to Star Challenger to buy a HDMI cable and went home to watch our streaming movie online with our laptop connected to the LCD TV. Had some popcorns POP using the microwave and enjoyed the short moments alone w/o the kids. Ice age 3 finished just at the right time at 6.30pm before we got ourself prepared to go over MIL place for dinner and pick up the girls.
A well spent Monday. Hopefully more to come............




0 comments:
Post a Comment