Thursday, October 08, 2009

我的女儿长大了!

Many months ago, Chloe was very sticky to me and refused to let anybody carry except me. Once I carry her, she will refuse to get down and hug onto me tightly. When she sees me and I don't go to her, she will scream and cry until I give in to her. Now, she is not that sticky to me anymore and seems to be closer to Daddy. On the other hand, Elsie became more sticky to me. Seems the 2 had interchange their soul huh?

Every Monday to Friday, we will bring the girls over to my MIL place. After having breakfast over there, we will then leave the place. Hui will go office while I go back home to work. Everytime when I am near at the door, Elsie will start to scream and cry for me. She will stretch out her hands wanting me to carry and refuse to let me go. I always had to secretly leave the house when she got hook to her favourite Hi-5 TV show. Chloe will depends on her mood. If something caught her attention, she don't really bother about me!

Since last week, Elsie had changed. Instead of screaming on top of her voice when I am near to the door, she actually wave goodbye to me and gave a sweet little smile. I thought that day she was just in a very good mood. But subsequent days, she did the same thing to me. No fuss, no cry. A hug, smile and wave goodbye!

I am delighted, at the same time sad.

When I take a closer look at the girls, their face seems to change quite alot since the day they were born. Their action and the speed of their ability to pick up new things/words are much faster. When I carry them, I suddenly realise I could no longer carry them for that long because their weight had been increasing. Climbing up the stairs with them is also more difficult now because they had grown taller and somehow their legs is obstructing my legs when I bend my knees to climb the stairs. They no longer like to carry in cradle position (unless slping). They will struggle to get into upright position so they can see the view better and pointing to me things that caught their eyes. They will also respond back now by shaking or noding their heads, sometimes accompanied with hand action to say No.

How times flies. End of this month they will be 17 months. All parents would love to see their kids grow up faster and be independent. Somehow the older they get, the less bonding they will have with their parents. Especially in this new era, how many children will actually willing to spend their majority of free time with their parents. It will either be spent with their friends or boy/girl friend...and then later their husband/kids. This is the human-nature life cycle.

Looking back, I do miss those cradle-carry days where I feel so close to them, and they needed me most - for milk! I do hope they will grow up faster like any other parents, but yet afraid to lose this closeness with them.

Well...面对现实吧!

0 comments: