Friday, August 07, 2009

A place I call my home!

1st Aug 2009, a day which I waited for 3 years since I got married! I finally have a roof which I can proudly called it MY HOME! 11th March 1981, I was borned in KK hospital and after discharged was moved into a home at clementi which belongs to my parents. 15th Oct 2006, I was married into the Chua family and shifted from Clementi to Hougang and stayed with my parents-in-law, a place not owned by me. After almost 2years, E&C were born and due to space constraint, we moved to Hui's 2nd sister's house (also in Hougang) on 26th July 2008 - another place doesn't belong to me.

Jan 2009, we decided it's time to source for our very own flat as the girls were older and should have a room of their own. Our combined income will also pose a problem soon in applying for HDB loan. Viewed 14 units in total and without much headache, both of us agreed this is THE ONE! The subsequent units we viewed could not attract us anymore because that unit seems to already won our hearts over. Within 1 week, we met up with the owner and agents and signed on the dotted line.

11th March 2009 was our first appointment with HDB. What a good date as it was my birthday. 20th April 2009 was our second appointment and it was my mum's birthday! Such easy dates to remember forever. We did not get our key during 2nd appointment because we had agree to let the owner stayed for 2 months after the 2nd appointment so he could prepared his other house for renovation yet had a house to stayed in. And ofcourse in return he will offered us $0 COV and gave us his good condition sofa + other accessories in the house.

June is here and the owner kept his promise to shift out within the 2months period. Sourcing of contractor and renovation then started in beginning of July and we were quite rush as our target move in date was 1st Aug. Although there were some hiccups here and there, but all renovation work were finished by 3rd week of July (We didnt really do alot of reno since the house is in move-in condition) and furnitures came on the last week of July.

And as planned, we moved in on 1st Aug and is now happily enjoying the 5-ren shi jie comprises of Daddy Chua, Mummy Chua, 2 princesses and 1 maid.

Some previews of my humble house:

Before reno: MBR toilet

Before reno: Living room

Before reno: Kitchen

Renovation work started

After reno: MBR toilet

After reno: Kitchen

After reno: Living room

After reno: Princesses' room

0 comments: