Today is the girls' lunar birthday. In tradition sayings, they are TWO years old today!
But it was not a smooth birthday for Elsie.......
During the midnight at 2.34am, I got a scare by Elsie. She kept toss and turned since 1+am and seems to be in discomfort. I didnt really bother about her as she always like to turn here and there when sleeping. But at 2+am, she started wineing and then sit up by herself. I went to adjust her back to sleep and found her body was hot! I touched her forehead and realise she was having fever!
This is the first time Elsie had fever (not due to injections) ever since she's borned. I got so panic and woke Hui up. I wanted to take the thermometer but it was in the room where my maid sleep. She likes to lock the door when she sleeps and Hui tried knocking but she never opened! I tried a few times and no respond still. I got so angry and frustrated that I started banging the door and shouted her name to open the door!
She finally opened and I quickly grab hold of the thermometer and rushed back to my room. Tested Elsie's temperature and it shows 37.8 degree. Paracetamol was given to my dear Elsie and she fell back to sleep. Guess she must be feeling very giddy and tired. I placed her to sleep on my bed between Hui & I so we could monitor her temperature. Hui then used a wet towel to wipe her body and forehead to try bring down the temperature.
Thanks to Hui who was still calm enough to have thought of using wet towel. I almost wanted to bring her to Thomson Medical 24 hour clinic! I didn't sleep well after that. Kept waking up to touch Elsie's forehead to see if it was still hot. Luckily the medicine had worked and she started to sweat.
Not sure why she suddenly had fever. Could it be due to the long crying yesterday night and the vomitting?.......
Yesterday night I had a few conference calls and was only free after 10pm. Usually the girls need me to be around in order to sleep and I always placed them to sleep at 8+pm. But because I had calls from 8pm-10pm, Hui had to be the one getting them to bed. In another room taking the call, I could hear Elsie's constant crying, getting louder and louder as the minutes passed. But the crying stopped few minutes before my call ended. After the call, Hui reported that Elsie had vomitted all the porridge out due to the long crying.
Haiz....since the vomitting, she had been coughing in the night maybe because throat was itchy. I fed her some water and she seems more comfortable. And during midnight fever started to take place. This makes me start to ponder upon my job.
1) To switch to a "normal" job routine which works during day time so no conference calls at night
2) To arrange my calls to start after 10pm and get myself working while the others are sleeping
This job issue had always been circulating in my mind ever since I gave birth. I'm not sure if my current role is actually suitable for a mother of two. Two young toddlers somemore! I read from a website which have a quote that truely catches my attention: "You have a lifetime to work, but children are only young once."
I do not want to miss out any of their milestones due to my work. But to be a SAHM is difficult unless Hui earns $XXXXX per month. But I do not want Hui to work so hard by earning that amount of money and miss the quality times with the kids too. It will be very self-fish of me to have that thought just to satisfy myself having more time with the children while Hui suffering out there in the cruel working society. So to change my job into some supporting role of working from 8am to 5.30pm will solve the problem? But it might be a decrease of monthly household income. Well, you can't just get the best of both world! Till date, I am still considering switching my role............
Anyway, Elsie's fever seems to be gone. Just tested her temperature and result shows good. Later MIL will prepare some Mee Sua for the girls to eat. Hui will be getting a small cake from Pinegarden to celebrate their lunar birthday. It's just a few days more away from the birthday party. I hope both girls are healthy to attend the birthday bash. If either one is sick, I will call off the party. So pray hard!
New updates from the progress of the party:
1) Venue settled
2) Invitation card created
2) Invitation card email out to friends & colleagues.
3) Sent SMS reminder to friends to check their email and inform them of this party
4) Birthday cake settled
5) Party decoration stuffs settled
6) How-to design the venue with the deco stuffs settled
7) Photographer settled (Photographer had changed to someone with better equipments, more experience in event shootings and yet charges a low rate. Thanks to Ricky for introducing his friend to me!)
8) Photoshoot album completed
9) Buffet ordered
10) Booking of helium tank done
11) Party favour (for kids only) prepared
12) Printing of invitation cards to relatives done
13) Getting a dress for the girls settled (Thanks to my mum who help to settle on their princess dress)
14) Shoes bought (money paid by my mum. Traditional sayings "Wa Po must buy shoes when they turn one")
In progress:
1) Photo montage
2) Logistic for the day
3) .....




0 comments:
Post a Comment