Why do I sounds like this is MY birthday party?
The decoration was great! I heard from the guests the buffet spread was good too. My colleague even took the namecard and said she wanted to cater from this company for her son's first birthday. The cake design had stunned many guests - simply beautiful! Many had asked me for the contact of the baker. But taste wise so so only. There were also 2 agar agar cake which I ordered from Beauty World. I never mention this item in my previous entry because I wanted to give everyone a surprise. Not only do you get to enjoy the birthday cake, but also agar agar. Many were surprised too that an agar agar can actually made into such nice pattern.
The party would be more perfect if Elsie was similing happily like Chloe during the cake cutting session. They fell aslp at around 2.30pm and I am glad they do have this nap before the cake cutting starts. They were usually more alert and fun after their nap and will definitely look nicer in pictures without those puffy and lazy eyes. But a bursting balloon just behind her stroller scared her up from her beauty sleep and she was crying and cranky all the way until after cake cutting. Haiz...
Abit disappointed with the party photos too because alot of important details were not taken by the photographer engaged. Things like the buffet setup, the decorations which my helpers put in alot of effort to display up onto wall/window, the many mylar balloons which were blown up and tied nicely together...etc... were not taken. Some group photos taken at the cake table were with the birthday cake and agar agar while some were only with the people but no cakes/agar agar shown (or some showing abit of the top of cake). I think some guests might start to complain why the cake was cut away in the photos if I show them the pictures. If anyone had taken photo of the overview of the function room with the decorations or the buffet setup, pls sent to me.
Overall, I think it is still a good party and I believed all the photos will tell the 2 princesses in future how much Daddy & Mummy love them! With this experience, if I have a #3, I believe I will do a even better job in planning his/her 1 year old birthday party! ^_^

Does it have a WOW factor??

Spot the grammer mistake!

Spot the grammer mistake!
Another disappointment
PS: Special thanks to the following for helping us out on that day:
1) Jessica & Vincent (Decorate the room & collecting agar agar)
2) Maggie & Guy (Decorate the room & taking his self-claim "professional" photos..haha..remember to sent me the photos ya?)
3) Kelvin & Ya An (Decorate the room & transporting the table & high-chair to venue and back home)
Party is over, but not their actual birthday. Tomorrow 30th May is then their actual ONE year old! Had planned some activities for them tomorrow and forcing Hui to take off although he is suppose to be on duty for reservist. Hope they will enjoy another day of excitement and fun!




0 comments:
Post a Comment