Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Busy Saturday

Gynae checkup at Week 26.5 on 19th April (Sat). So far so good. Babies now weighing at 900+g each. Gynae said my sugar level control was good and I didnt gain too much weight which was a good sign. In my previous checkup on 7th April, I had went for a Glucose tolerance test and the results showed my body was not working well to utilise the excess sugar in the body. This happens to majority of pregnant woman because our body functioning system are now being shared together with the baby. Therefore I was put on monitoring on my diet and not able to eat too much in a meal and not having high sugar content food. I should eat little at every meals but more meals per day. This means I am now having about 5 meals per day! Breakfast, Lunch, Teabreak, Dinner, Supper! But ofcourse, all meals have to be low in carbo and sugar. Brown rice, bee hoon, soupy stuffs, wholemeal bread, Wheat biscuits are the food I am having now frequently. TORTURE AH!! BUT, I do pampered myself to some good food OCCASSIONALLY!
Mummies are all great sacrificers for their children, isnt it??

After the gynae checkup, we headed to marina square for a walk before meeting our confinment agent at 5pm. As my MIL was not able to handle 2 babies during my confinement, I need someone to help her out. It's not easy to look after a woman in confinement + 2 new born babies at the same time you know! Although the market for employing confinement lady now is really expensive, but we have no choice. We need someone who is experience with newborn babies. So after the meetup, we are quite satisfied with the terms and so we signed on the dotted line. If we do not like the confinement lady, we can changed it within 1 week. So it's kind of a security for us instead of getting those freelance.

We talked for almost 2 hours with the agent before rushing off to Chijmes to meetup with Hui's 2nd sister and bro-in-law for dinner. Thanks to my company, I will have a 20% discount on any food dine at this place just by showing my company pass. The food was delicious and the ambience was good. I would definitely visit this place again to try out their Fish & Chips. I saw someone ordering and the portion looks big and appealing. Looks really Yummy!

Ladies and Gentleman, let me introduce you this western food place call:
HOG'S BREATH CAFE SALOON & GRILL

It have 3 branches so far and the address are located in the website. What if you have no employee pass to show? Nevermind! They have promotion discount now for UOB/DBS credit card holders. Click on the HOT PROMOS for more information.

Bruschetta.I forgot to take picture when this was served until we left with the last piece. So here's roughly how it looks like. This dish is yummilicious!

Buffalo Wings. This dish is just average. Nothing fantastic to mention about

Atlantic Salmon shared by Hui's sister and bro-in-law. The mashed potato is very nice! Salmon is quite fresh too.

Chicken Dijonnaise shared by Hui and me. Very nice and tender grilled chicken with avocado and Dijon mustard sauce.

Jessica and Vincent

SURPRISE!! My new motherly look! Feel abit heartpain for cutting away my long hair which I had kept for almost 10yrs! But short hair probably suits better for pregnant woman especially during last trimster and confinement period.

0 comments: