Went for my detailed scan (week 21+) on 17th March. We reached TMC at 2.45pm and left the place at 6pm! All the waiting and scanning made me so tired and hungry! Glad everything was over now with the results showing NORMAL! I had passed another stage of the pregnancy test.
2.45pm, reached the clinic to obtain a form to proceed to level 4 (also the place I had my OSCAR test) for the detailed scan. Although the appointment made for the detailed scan was at 3.30pm, the nurse at the clinic wanted me to go register earlier so that I need not wait too long.
3.30pm, my name was called and I proceed to enter the scanning room. The room was no difference to what I went during the OSCAR test when I'm in week 12. I lie in the bed waiting patiently for the sonographer to enter. Hui sat at the chair beside me to keep me company. I was really nervous then, hoping the scans would be fine.
5 mins later, the sonographer entered the room and the scanned started. It took about 1hour to finish scanning because my darlings just refused to stay still. They were very active that day and the positions were just not right to get the required information. The sonographer had to shake my big tummy vigorously in order for them to change another position. I wondered if she had shaken too hard and caused giddiness to my little precious.
After the scanned, I was asked to wait outside and collect my report in a few mins. Before I came out of the room, I had already asked the sonographer and she said everything was good. Therefore I was not that nervous anymore when waiting for the report. Few mins later, I collected my report and went back to level 3 to visit my gynae.
As usual , the waiting time at the clinic was forever so long. I waited for about 1hour before my turn was called to enter the gynae's room. The gynae explained the scanning result to me based on the report and said everything was fine. All the internal organs, measurements, position of placenta, amniotic fluid etc were in good shape.
Hui and I left the clinic feeling relief, tired, hungry and heartache! Heartache because the carpark fee cost $10+ just for that few hours we were there!
Hmmm...after reading so long, it seems I havent come to the main topic right? Just to keep you readers gan chiong..:p
Well, Hui and I are going to have 2 little PRINCESS! Yes, for those who didnt catch the hint during my very first blog about the pregnancy and also hints all over the website (I think only Ricky did!), I am having twins! It was already discovered when I went for my first scanning. Ofcoz everyone will think it will be more perfect if it's 1 boy and 1 girl. But that's not what we can ancipate or do. Moreover, it's the guy who determine if it will be a girl or boy, not the lady!
Anyway, we are contented with this precious gift given to us as not everyone had a chance to carry 2 at 1 time. So the gender doesnt really matter to us as long as both are healthy when born and I can pass through the pregnancy process successfully. That's what we are really hoping for now!
The up-coming life will be tough with handling 2 babies at the same time (moreover, we are 1st time parents!!) and the cost of living will also be higher with the addition of 2 new members to the family at the SAME time. But I'm sure both of us will pass through this together.
Anyway want to sponsor many many many shopping vouchers to lessen our burden?? Haha...:)




0 comments:
Post a Comment