Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My Birthday

This year birthday was celebrated with 3 different group of people at 3 different places.

Birthday Celebration #1
Date: 8th March 2008
Venue: Limei's house
Food: Steamboat

10th March was Jenny's birthday and 11th was mine. So we always celebrated our birthday together with our other secondary school gang. We have known each other since 1994 and till date, we had been friends for 14 years!! Many had got married and some attached. We are now left with Peiyi who still trying to find a partner! Guess we had to speed up in finding a partner for her.:p 2 of us are patiently waiting for our baby to come to this world. Limei will be due in early May, while me in July.
Thanks, to the good old friends who attended the gathering cum birthday celebration that day and made Jenny & my birthday a meaningful one!
Enough said, let the photos do the talking.

The food!

The gang of food lovers
(From left) Baldwin, Karen, Xinyi, Jenny, Jimmy, Phyllis, Jiwei, Limei, ME & Hui. Can you guess who is whose partner? ^_^

The birthday girls

The girls rules!

Our most NEWLY couple - Jimmy & Phyllis!
What a compatible match, 1 white & 1 black!Haha


Birthday Celebration #2
Date: 9th March 2008
Venue: Jessica/Vincent house
Food: Nasi Lemak

Hui & I went to his 2nd sister & BIL's house for lunch. They had prepared Nasi Lemak for us and home-baked walnut brownie. Although it was just a simple home-made meal, but I could see the sincerity in preparing this meal for my birthday. They also bought me Clarins stretch mark cream as my birthday present. This save me some money to buy a second bottle since my first one is finishing soon. After the lunch, all 4 of us went for window shopping for some baby stuffs comparing the prices and aiming for things to buy. I am waiting for the Expo baby fair on 21st-23rd March before starting my baby shopping spree! We then had dinner at Tong Shui@Upper Thomson before heading home for rest.
Thanks, Jess & Vince for the wonderful lunch, the present and the company. :)

Birthday Celebration #3
Date: 11th March 2008
Venue: Equinox
Food: Western/Chinese cuisine

Ofcoz, the actual day should be left to be celebrated with my dearest dear. Both of us took leave on this day to spent some quality time together since I had been working non-stop for the past few wkdays! Nothing much, just went to Marina Square and Suntec for some window shopping to pass the time before heading to Equinox for dinner. Hui had made a reservation at 6.30pm.

The ambience was good overlooking many skyscrapers at 70th floor. Hui had managed to book a window seat so we got quite a good view. But the food was really just so so only. Not many choices to choose from and mostly were not to my taste. But the service was really good. When I first enter the restaurant and got seated, the waiter brought me a cushion for me to lean as I was seating on those couch seat. For the other customers, they don't seem to get this cushion. Probably pregnant woman does have some privilege. :)

One of the waiter was willing to direct me all the way to the restroom (I need to climb up and down some stairs, turn here turn there before I can reach the restroom!) because I couldnt catch what he was talking about. Another waiter was kind enough to ask if I need some warm water to keep myself warm after we finish our meal. However, I do not think I will be back for a 2nd time with the price to pay for such meals.

As for the present, he said the Canon camera and photo printer we bought at the IT Fair on 6th March would be my birthday present. It cost $600+ in total which I said it was too much for a birthday present. So I volunteered to split the cost and pay him back but he refused to take. Then on the actual day, Hui passed me another present! He had bought me a MP4 when he was in Shanghai last month. He had secretly hide the present and waited till this day before passing it to me. It's a 4GB MP4! Electronic devices were selling cheap in China and this MP4 only cost about $90 SGD!
(He had also help me bought a Kingston 4GB thumbdrive from Shanghai which cost about $40 SGD) I hinted for one few months ago as I wanted to use it to store my baby photos and video of my baby to show it to my colleagues and friends. I can also use it if I am taking public transport back home since I do not drive now. Now my wish is fulfilled! ^_^

Thanks, to my dearest dear for always there for me when I needed you most. And not forgetting the money you always spent on my birthday and that sentence you always said to me (after you had started earning your own income): "There is no budget when it's your birthday" :)

The day view from our table.
It was raining heavily that day so that explains those rain droplets from the window



The night view from our table



View complete photos

0 comments: