On Monday, I received yet another requirement into my bucket. I was fuming with anger by this time as I am not a superwoman anymore. So I decided to buck up my courage and talk to my teamlead regarding about this. I waited for him to get online till about 10+pm but he was nowhere to be seen. Therefore, I targeted the assistant teamlead instead, which was a very nice lady I had worked with in some of the requirements for a project last year.....
Sametime (MSN equivalent but is a chat program use internally) conversation:
*conversations are edited to protect some confidential information*
.....
Asst TL: This new requirement N received last week and specifically requested for you to work on it. We are in the process of leveling everyone out so either
one or two of your requirements will be removed.
Shara: i need to inform of my current health problem now that I'm abit afraid that I will not be able to handle the stress and long working hours anymore as per during GX times
Asst TL: I understand. And this will be fixed.
.....
Asst TL: ok. Ping me the requirement numbers and let me look into this today and make the necessary changes.
.....
Asst TL: No problem at all. Please feel free to come to me in the future if there are problems issues or otherwise....Good news. ;)
Asst TL: We will get thru this. Just take care of yourself and the baby.
The next day night at 11+pm. I finally managed to catch that TL:
....
TL: btw...I spoke with S... I'm sorry that you're not feeling as normal...but still congratulations!!
TL: we did reassign the CCS RQ...
Shara: :).....I'm sorry for pushing away the RQ too
TL: we will try to assign RQ's that are not so stressful...(I really wanted you on this one because it requires meticulous work)
Shara: but I dun wan to bring this up until the last min and miss the deliverables
TL: but I think your health and well-being comes first
TL: understand
TL: and quite appreciated
Shara: yes, I understand ur intention of giving me that CCS RQ....and S told me you specifically wanted me to handle it..:)
TL: I know I'm disappointed..but again...your health and that of the babies are more important
I'm so relief now although I'm actually quite interested to take up the CCS requirement as it's quite a challenging piece of work involving financial process and interfaces to downstream financial system. But ofcourse, currently my health is my top priority.
I can now fully concentrate on my existing requirements on hand, which I think left about 3 (all dateline in March!!) and have time to go for SAP courses in April onwards. My local manager had been asking us to sign up for courses this year as it's one of our Individual Development Plan policy. But I told him I can hardly see when I will have the time because going for courses will take up a few days and that means I will have to work extra hard at night which I don't want!
The first project UAT phase starts around April till June. In between we had to solve any issues that arise during the testing and this project go-live in July. The other in Oct/Nov (cant rem), which by the time I might not be around to support the testing anymore :)
Therefore, I THINK my life might be better starting April *cross my finger nothing extra come to me again*
Time to look through the SAP courses (which I dump the list in my drawer since beginning of the year) and choose a few courses to go to..:D
PS: Thanks to all who responded to my woe. Greatly appreciated for your advise/comments.




0 comments:
Post a Comment