Friday, February 23, 2007

Happy Piggy Year 2007

This year CNY was different as compared to the past 25 years that I had celebrated. A married woman without kids never like house visiting during CNY!

17th Feb
CNY eve, I went back mum's home around 3+pm and helped mum prepared the food for reunion dinner. We ate at 5.30pm and left the house around 7pm. Hougang was our next destination for dinner. We were quite full by the time we reached home (Hougang). After the dinner, we went to catch a movie at Junction 8. "Just Follow Law" by Jack Neo was a hilarious movie. I really like the way Fann Wong acted when her soul and Gurmit's soul exchanged. Heard the box office hit the top just few days after this movie was released. It's a good movie to watch if you are in a bad mood. It might cheer you up!

18th Feb
First day of CNY, woke up at 8.30am and dress up for this festive holiday. We reached Hui's grandma house around 10am. Sat for 1/2 hour before proceeding to my mum's place. This year, I didn't accompany my mum to the temple and Gor Poh's house. I stayed home until 1+pm before going directly to my grandma's house at Jurong East. Had lunch over at Ah Ma's house and waiting for all my uncles, aunties and cousins to arrived. Feel weird because I'm distributing angbao for the first time to my cousins and usually I AM the one RECEIVING angbaos!

We left my Ah Ma's place around 3pm and headed to meet up with Hui's relatives for house visiting. Met up with my cousin, Karen and Baldwin (her hubby) around 7pm for dinner. The fireworks started at 9pm and we took some photos together as well. This firework was not as nice as compared to those I've seen so far. We walked around Marina Square till time for our movie at 10.40pm. We didn't watch this show with Karen & Baldwin but with Hui's sisters and bro-in-laws. We bid farewell with them and went to meet up with Hui's sisters.




19th Feb
Guang Ming Shan was our first destination. This day I did not went to my mum's place at all. I followed his relatives throughout and went back home (Hougang) to prepare for steamboat as dinner. After dinner, went to bathe and head to bed. Tomorrow we can finally wake up late in the morning!

20th Feb
Woke up almost at 12pm. As Hui & I couldnt think of what to do, we decided to go Gek Eng's and Karen's house for visiting. It was a last minute decision and luckily both were available. We reached Gek Eng's House around 2pm and stayed there for about 2hour+ before heading to Jalan Tentaram. We reached Karen's house around 5pm. We ordered KFC for dinner and Karen cooked Tan Yuen for dessert. At her house, we watched our wedding video, played 'Chor Dai Di' and chit chatted away. Left her house around 8.30pm and headed back to Hougang as Hui need to work the next day.

Nothing happening for this CNY. Planning for a holiday trip next CNY!

0 comments: