Tuesday, March 14, 2006

A "Surprise"

I'm one year older again on the 11th March. I've reach exactly the mid twenties. A mix feeling, not sure if it's a good thing or bad. As age grows, I have grown more matured; have become wiser. But as age grows, I seems to get tired of the working society and hope to remain as a teenager pursuing my studies...

On the 9th, Phyllis and Limei treated me to dinner at a La Mian restaurant at Bugis. The food was average, but the meeting up was great. As usual, 3 of us were chit chatting non-stop all the way from dinner, to MRT and then to Clementi.

On the 10th, My colleagues treated me to a sumptuous dinner at No Signboard, Geylang. The cereal prawn was very tasty. The chilli crab was huge! Other dishes tasted great too. Overall, above average. They had given me a t-shirt as present for me. It was pink in color and behind the back wrote '9488'. Not sure why this number, but a few of us actually went to buy 4D during lunch. Too bad, it didnt came out on Sat...Will try again this coming round of 4D..

After the dinner, Hui came to Geylang to fetch me to go for movie. UnderWorld: Evolution was the movie we caught at 0020. As Hui have not had his dinner, I accompanied him to BK for his dinner ard 9+pm. After his dinner,there's still plenty of time to our movie. Hence, we went back to our car to pass the time since all shops had already closed. In the car, I on my Thinkpad and we did some discussion on our expenses for our big event....

11pm...
S: Are you hiding something behind the boot?
SH: No...
S: You sure? Let me go and check it out.
SH: No, cannot...

Ahhh Haaa...there you go...Whenever he tried to give me a surprise, I could always figure it out before the surprise came to me. Not because I could read his mind, but if you know this guy long enough, he's BAD at surprises! Just a small action or facial expression from him, you'll know there's something up his sleeves, especially if that day is a special one.

As time was near to 12am, he started to get up from the driver seat and went to the boot to fiddle with something. Just at this time, there's these 3 ladies standing near to our car waiting for the driver. They could not find the car in the carpark and the driver told the 3 ladies to wait for him while he go around searching for his car.

Clock strike 12!Hui passed me a card first, followed by my present - a diamond pandant with necklace. After that, he came back to the driver seat. The 3 women were still standing there at this time. Just as we wanted to leave the carpark for our show:

SH: Hope the thing behind wun get spoilt.
S: What is it? Flowers??
SH: No lah.
S: I want to see.
SH: Cannot..Not yet..
(I'm already walking to the boot..)

It's a birthday cake! Ok, so the ideal plan was to light up the candles, bring the cake to me, sing birthday song, blow the candle, present the card and gift, cut cake and then watch movie. But because of that 3 women, he got shy and the ideal plan was all jumbled up! And so it became...

Present the card, then the gift, watch movie and went back my house. Well, the cake was cut in the middle of the night at 3+am after both of us showered out!

Before Cutting


After Cutting


*Pictures at No Signboard*

0 comments: