Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Happy Doggy Year

4 days of holiday finally coming to an end. I'll be back to work again tmr which is totally demoralising. Fun time dash pass while working time crawls...
Hate to go back to the office for month end closing. Hate to solve issues that are obviously not under our scope, yet we had to handle it. Hate to find the root cause of the problem when I don't even know who I can seek help from. Hate to find the culprit who loaded the wrong data as email can circulate throughout the world but eventually came back to me asking for advise when I'm the originator of the email! That's working life. If you are still studying, pls drop the idea that working is better than studying for you haven't seen the cruelty of the working society yet. Treasure the school days and stop skipping lectures! I truely regretted for skipping my lectures during Poly days and I really meant it now!

CNY was not as fun compared to the old days. I think I am already getting bored of this festival. Movies shown during CNY was not as great as compared to last time. All new movies release during this year CNY were Chinese show! What happened to all the hollywood movies???

After 5 years, this was the first time I stayed home to watch TV during CNY eve. Getting bored of He Pan fireworks. Chinatown firecrackers was nothing spectacular anyway. The CNY variety show shown at 10.30pm on the eve was boring too. Slept at 1am on the eve, which was the EARLIST time I went to bed after so many years of slping time at 3-4+am.

As usual, same routine on the first day of CNY. Went temple, Kor Poh house and then ah ma house. Last stop will always be ah ma house and then it's free and easy time. Went movie with my cousin Karen, her husband-to-be and hui. We caught separate movie ('Fun with Dick and Jane' for hui and me, Fearless for Karen and Baldwin) and met up again after the movie ends. Went to He Pan for phototaking, had dinner and went home. Boring huh?

2nd day of CNY was better. Hui came over to my house to Bai Nian. Then I went over to his relative house and then his house for steamboat dinner. I had to give Phyllis house a miss coz time did not allow us to squeeze in another house for visit. The steamboat dinner was huge! 21 person in total! After the dinner, 18 out of 21 went for a movie at Tampines Mall - I Not Stupid Too.

Review for this movie:
I was quite surprise this movie had gave me a 'wow' feel. I never like watching chinese movie in cinema coz to me, it's just a waste of $ to spent $9.50 on a chinese show. This show lasted about 2hr and I think 85% of the audience cried. Ofcoz, I'm included in the 85%. I think it's better than the first I Not Stupid. Most impt, the actors/actresses did a great job touching the audience's heart and it had really bring out how the actual Singapore parents are handling their children.
There were many quotes in the movie that truely touches my heart. The two lead actors had done a marvellous job and they are so handsome! I think I would have a crash on them if I'm still at their age watching this movie...kekekeke...*Thumbs up* for Jack Neo.
Rating: ****

0 comments: