
The Birthday Cake

Hui and his cake

Me and him. The heart shape aga aga was done by his mum. See the gift he's holding in his left hand?? ^_^
Today we went to Orchard to shop for christmas gifts. I was quite surprise that on a weekday afternoon, there were still such a big crowd! Initially, I thought going down to orchard at this noon was a good time as it would not be so pack as compared to the evening, but I was wrong! Seems like many people were also clearing leave just like me. Mummy and Daddy bringing their kids to shop for gifts, teenagers were seen in groups shopping around, ah gong and ah ma bringing their grandchildren out for a walk, couples hand-in-hand chatting away...Walking in between the crowds, squeezing my way through made me wana leave the place asap. Anyway, we left the place with only a receipt in hand. A receipt to collect the log cake on the 24th evening. We ordered a log cake from Bakerzin, to bring over to Hui sister's house for the cosy christmas feast cum gifts exchange on the 24th. Guess we will soon be back to town, into the crowd again to shop for gifts either tmr or Sat.
Today is also the day for Tang Yuan. The elderly always said eat 1 Tang Yuan, you'll be older by one year. Today I had eaten many - one bowl from Hui's house, another bowl from my house. So how many years old am I now??
I'm now on my 8 days long break. Will be back to work on the 29th. Many people ask why don't I used this time to go for a holiday? Well, besides my dear Hui is not able to take so many days of leave like me, $$ is another major issue. Hmmm, how should I spent my long break wisely?? I'm still thinking....




0 comments:
Post a Comment