I've a friend from germany who had touch down Singapore on the 4th Feb and leaving on the 9th Feb. Me and hui met up with him yest to bring him around Singapore. We meet at 1.30pm at bugis junction, coz his hotel was near bugis.
First destination: Chinatown. It was not as crowded as I thought. Maybe coz it's still early. We had lunch at Maxwell food centre. Hanainese Chicken Rice was the food I recommended. It had a long queue. After trying the dish, he told me "Now I know why the queue is so long. It's simply delicious!". We then treated him Ice Kachang and Grass Jelly Longan for desserts. The ice kachang was not very nice in appearance I think. Wrong choice. But he did ate it happily. Guess it was because it's his first time.
After the meal, we brought him to Chinatown Heritage Centre (Yuan Mao Guan) to let him take a look of the history of Chinatown. He was amazed about the rich cultural history of old chinatown and learn about the livings of our settlers who had live in the dark and cramped quarters of typical Chinatown shophouses! Before we went in, some other tourist were reading the book about our Mr Lee Kuan Yew. I told abt this truely S'pore idol of us. To my surprise, he can tell him "Oh ya, and now his son had taken over his place, right?"..wow..Mr Lee have spread his name to even Germany!
After walking around Chinatown, we drove him to Mt Faber. He was fascinated when he saw the view. Through the binoculars (have to insert $1 inorder to see), he saw many islands on the sea. Sentosa - a must go for tourist. After taking some pictures, we went on to Labrador Park. There's this place there where you'll able to see another sea view and the jetty. We told him this place is famous for couple as it's quiet and dark at night..hehe..
Time is around 5+pm. We decided to head towards Pasir Ris Fisherman Village for early dinner so that there wld be ample time before going for supper. On the journey to the very East of S'pore, he sat in the car quietly enjoying the view. When we pass by changi,something caught his attn and he break the silence - A SIA plane had just taken off. Oh, he was a co-pilot at Lufthasan(Germany airline). So he always got very excited he saw planes! Then hui got curious and started asking "How do planes fly?" He explained the physics theory which I couldnt undertand, so think I'm not going to write the ans down. It's the guys talk. :)
We reach Pasir Ris ard 6pm.We ordered Satay, chicken wings, Salad You Tiao, BBQ sambal stingray and thai coconut drinks. He told me he had not eaten any of them before and all was very nice. Well, thats why we called it Local Food!We sat there enjoy the sea breeze, chit chat awhile before heading to Esplanade for night view. Reach there around 7+pm. Through his face, can see he really like the place. To singaporean, I would think its nothing special. But to tourist, guess it's really beautiful to them. He took some pictures and stand there awhile to enjoy the sceneric view.
We then took him to the riverboat ride. It was also my first time for the ride..I always thought such ride can only attract tourist coz it's expensive and not worth it. But no choice, we had to accompany him. 30 mins boat ride at the Singapore River; passes under the bridge, pass thru boat quay and clarke quay, then back to merlion again...$12 for adult, $6 for children. After the ride, I still stick to my thought..:p
Time is abt 9+pm. Geylang Tau Hua was the last place we would go. Hui explain to him that geylang is our s'pore red light district. He reply "no wonder so many red decorations". Haha...u think he really so naive?? Dun get mistaken, he knew what that means!Quite a lot of ppl there and there was a slight jam. We manage to find a seat and ordered 3 bowl of tau hua and tau hua jui (soya bean drink). Curious was the expression on his face. "What's this"?? "It's a kind of dessert made from soya bean, a yellow colored bean", I replied.He tried the first scope. His eyes widen and gave a Mmmmmm sound. Needless to say, we knew the ans if it taste good or bad.;)...He say it was very easy to eat, it just slide down the throat. Haa..I totally agree...Geylang Tau Hua, my all time favourite!
After the desserts, hui suggested driving him around geylang. Not many girls are out for "business" yet. Only manage to see a few. Just turn few rounds into the small road and we are out of the place heading back to bugis. In the car, he told us germany had red light district too and Hamburg is the famous one. The ladies had to wear so little even in winter just to make a living.They dun stand outside the alley like ours here, instead they stand by the road side waiting for cars to stop. Poor girls...
Reaches his hotel at ard 10.30pm. We ended the day with handskake, many greatful thank you, gdnight and gdbyes...
I'm not meeting him today as I need to help mum with household chores. He'll be going orchard rd, sentosa and night safari today. Hope he'll had a great time. Tmr after work might meet him for dinner. Headache, where else can I bring him....think think think....




0 comments:
Post a Comment