Price are quite attractive as well for $19.80+ for lunch on wkday and $26.80+ for wkends/PH. Dinner at $29.80+ Mon-Thur and $31.80+ Friday/wkends/PH.




After lunch, went back to office to attend a Parenting Talk by Koo Shen Lin organise by the company. Topic is: Are you a fun parent.

It's really interesting and Shen is really good. Very jovial and funny person who brings alot of laughter in the class instead of those boring 1 hour talk through. She is a Psychologist who deals with children and teenagers mainly and shares with us her experience of how a child thinks and will react.
In this talk, I learnt some tips of how to deal with very young kids who just know how to throw temper. Besides scolding them, infact we first need to understand them! Kids are a mirror image of the adults. They follow whatever the adults do (especially the parents) and they do not question it. So often when they cry and we scold them with our pitch getting higher and higher, the child crying will also get louder and louder. Why? They follow us!
Another thing I learnt from the talk is how to say NO to kids in a more tactful way. Instead of straight away rejecting the child for something that they asked, we should first explain to them what we feel about it and then reject providing reasons. We should never straight say a NO to them as not only will we hurt their feelings, it damage the relationship between a child and the parent. Ofcourse this relates to a kid who is old enough to understand you but not to someone of less than 3 years old!
I also learnt some learn-through-play games that parents can play with their kids (of all levels). This helps to bond with the child alot and bring the parents and kids closer together.
Story telling is also an important thing a parent should do to their children. It can be a reading directly from book or a story that a parent can create out of the universe (can be as silly as possible)! Kids like parents to be silly and not always stern looking.
Guess what, after the talk, I am now starting to read a book to my girls every night before they sleep. Sometimes, I even create my own story starting with "Once upon a time, there were two princesses named Elsie & Chloe.......". This was told in the dark with them on the bed. I made all sort of sound effects which I could think of that relates to the story and I could hear the girls giggling away in the dark! After the story, I would sing some songs and after the song ended, it's a hint to let them know it's time to sleep! (Well, this works on Chloe but currently not Elsie yet! Coz after the song, she still refuse to sleep until 1hour+ later! arggh..Will try other ways on her!)
Due to my job nature, I have conference calls in some days of the night and Hui will put them to bed. I will now ensure he continues with this every night on my behalf if I am not available. :)
Shen mention we could arrange a session with the consultant from HUMANdynamic to know more about parenting (or other topics) and as this will be a private session, therefore the consultation will be more pinpoint to your actual situation rather than this talk which is more general base. This consultation service is already paid for by the company for 1 year so it is FOC for employees who wish to register. I am really tempted. Should I go for one?




0 comments:
Post a Comment