Thursday, June 24, 2010

ISTP

Today is my first day back to office since the move. Although I went for the official opening ceremony held on 20th May, but the office level was not ready for viewing yet. The business unit move was on 18th June and it was only until today that I went back to the office for a meeting.

I felt like a new employee entering a new environment. I was greeted by a security guard where I had to show my pass before she allowed my car to enter the premise. Went into the main lobby and saw the receptionist with a new recep counter. A much bigger area for her to take care now. Greeted each other and I went into the lift up to the 3rd level.

Lift door opened and I was amazed by the huge employee lounge (which everyone calls it).

Employee Lounge

There were 2 doors to enter the office area. I did not know which door leads me to our department area so just anyhow humtum a door to enter. Turns out I took the wrong door and walked a bigger round to reach the cubicles where my team-mates sit.


Inside the office. We have a better nursing room with nicer and more comfortable couch inside. Well-equiped with socket for mummies using electric pump and also a mini fridge to store the expressed breastmilk. Nothing much changed compared to the nursing room in the old premise, just a change of the sofa I would say. Will I be using this room next year? Hmmm...:)

Cubicles are actually smaller and more closer to each other (= more cramps). No wonder the area can accomodate 600+ cubicles! We no longer use keys to open our cabinets because they are installed with 4 digits lock code. Ok, this has got nothing to do with me because I do not have a workstation in office. I should be using the mobile workstations and a locker assigned to us to keep our personal belongings and that is still using keys! But because there are so many vacant workstations around my department, I just simply hijack one when I am in office. So I can be near my colleagues as the mobile workstations are located so far away at 1 corner!


We have 2 canteens at level 1 and 2 and a cafe that sells western food and pastries at level 3. Alternatively, we can have our lunch at Ikea/Giant/Courts or drive out for lunch.

My grilled chicken set lunch@ Level 3 cafe.
Comes with a drink and soup and cost $5.80 only!

0 comments: