My new office will be just opposite Tampines Ikea/Giant! If you dine at the Ikea cafe, you will be able to see my office building. Well, then you will know where I worked cause the logo is so big and you can see it so clearly from the cafe window. :)
A building that fully owns by my company. They build from scratch off the ground and completed it within 11 months! The building still won some Green Mark award (by Building & Construction Authority) due to the technology feature of able to save electricity and water. How amazing! The production floor had already moved and the office staffs will pack up and moved on 18th June.
I attended the official opening on 20th May. Only selected employees were invited and I am one of the "lucky" one? Anyway, join my colleagues for fun to tour around the building. Special guest of honour was our Minister of Finance - Mr Tharman Shanmugaratnam. Some VPs from US also attended this special ceremony. The ceremony started with all the big shots dotting the eye/head/ear/tongue (whatever) of the lion and the lion dance began to come alive. Our traditional lion dance thingy. It was quite a grand ceremony with many guests from different companies invited to the opening, including the Media.
I joined the company in June 2005 and had moved my cubicles location 3 times in the office due to some restructuring and expanding of office space. But for the past 2 years (after I changed my role), I work from home most of the time having my cubicles showing piles of dust.
Jan this year, I totally gave up my cubicle because I am officially on mobility scheme which means I am given a small amount of allowance to work from home and that allowance is to help pay for my internet and phone bills. Not all employees get to have this scheme as it depends on the work nature and approval from boss. Ofcourse I do go back office for meetings if needed. Do not envy me for being able to work from home because there are pros and cons to it!
Moving to the new office, my boss gave us the option to choose having back cubicle or continue with the mobility. Well, I choose the latter because I am too used to the peacefulness and the productivity level in working at home. Even if I got a cubicle, I think it will only contain dusts and not notes. :p
Anyway, I do look forward going to the new office because
1) the office space is BIG!
2) I will have FREE parking as the building belongs to the company now
3) I get to do groceries shopping at Giant
4) I get to eat the hotdog bread and curry puffs and chicken wings from Ikea
5) I get to shop at Courts for electrical products! - They always have Massive sales!

It's only 3 levels but it's so long lor!




0 comments:
Post a Comment