Saturday, October 10, 2009

Poly and Sec gathering

Went to Dallas restuarant for lunch to celebrate 3 polymates birthday which falls on 7th, 12th and 15th October. Not alot of people can make it, but the attendees already made the outing worth while. It's not the quantity, but quality that counts! It's this group of people that made our friendship last for many many years. Well done!

Gek Eng and I did not bring our kiddos along because we wanted to have a great time enjoying the lunch instead of running around chasing our kids. So we deposit our kids with the respective care-taker and met the gangs for the long waited gathering.

Credits to TGE & hubby for the photos. Had a great time playing around with their Sony DSLR and taking my virgin "professional" photos! So tempted to get one DLSR too to take professional studio-look-alike photos on my darlings BUT BO LUI lah!

The 2 young mummies!

Appetizer type #1

Appetizer type #2

Some platter to share

Main course type #1: Baby ribs with wedges

Main course type #2: Chicken breast with layer of cheese as topping..Mmmmm...

No, this is not my daughter.
Athena is saying: "I am the ONE and only baby girl in this outing! And I belong to ONE of the birthday MAN, Justin!"

The birthday MEN
From left: Seh Choi - 7th Oct, Justin - 12th Oct, Andrew - 15th Oct.
Age: Secret.

The group of bestest pal!


After the gathering with Poly friends, I left and attended another gathering. Hui sent me to Pasir Panjang and then went to Mt Faber Safra to meet up with the gangs again for bowling.

After leaving this school for 13 years, I am back again to this familiar compound. Structure of building never changed much, except that this is no longer a secondary school, but an Adventure club. Although this school is small, it is a wonderful school. The teachers are great and everyone in the school is just like a big family. But sad to say, the school closed down in 1996 and I was moved to Hua Yi Sec to continue my 4th year of study for 'O' level. Never really like Hua Yi because it was too big. More guys, more distraction = Lousier grade! Hahaha...Anyway some of the teachers in Hua Yi cannot make it. I believe Phyllis will fully agree with this..:)

Anyway, it was really nice of the PPSS pioneers to come out with this alumni gathering. They really spent alot of effort in contacting students from different batches and teachers as well. Some teachers already retired and they still managed to find them. Impressive I must say!

And I tell you, they are really pioneers which enter the school in the 80s. We met one who told us he graduated in 1967! My friends and I who attended were actually the YOUNGEST among the big group! It does feel good to be the youngest there when we knew we are approaching the 30s soon! :P

Some pictures to share
*Photos are from Phyllis since I didnt bring my camera.*

The banner

With our English teacher, Mrs Wong

My Sec classmates since 1994!

My humble secondary school. Thats the Hall at the 2nd level and Science Lab at 1st level.

The Rest & Relax corner. Last time we had tables and benches but now all had been removed.

The small little canteen with 2 muslim stalls, 1 drink stalls, 1 chinese stalls that sell noodles and 1...ermm..can't remember the last one sell what liao...

The basketball court where we assemble early in the morning.

Entrance up to the school hall.

The buffet food. Not very nice though...

Our school crest is still up there in the hall intact!

The Emcee

With our Maths teacher, Miss Ng and Chemistry teacher, Mrs Sudeeran

With Miss Ng, Mrs Wong and our Art teacher, Mrs Tan

Miss Kumar, our Literature teacher together with Miss Ng, Mrs Daisy Wong and Mrs Wong.

0 comments: