Saturday, October 17, 2009

Off she goes....back to hometown

She took the 12.15pm Jetstar flight to Yangon airport this afternoon. All the Chua family members including their other half, except the youngest Chua & his gf, were there to send her off. We were all relunctant to let her go but we had no choice. She was indeed a good FDW. Although she does had her bad points, but it can be covered up by her good points. Afterall, no one is perfect and NOBODY can meet total 100% expectation set by the employer.

We did leave our HP with her and said if she wants to come back Singapore to work as FDW again, can contact us back (if she still wants us as her employer). If she is coming back to Singapore for a tour, she can also contact us. But that outing might seems weird because we will be meeting her as a friend now and not employer status.

We will have about 2 weeks without a helper. I will be working fully from home for these 2 weeks, with approval from my boss. Yes, I have a good and understanding boss!All meetings in office will be done through conference call for me. I will be working + helping MIL to look after the girls during the day time. Hui will come back at night to take over the shift while I attend my night calls. All work not done during the day will have to do it at night when the girls are asleep. You can expect I will not be able to 100% concentrate on work as I had to help look after the girls while my MIL cook their lunch/dinner or whenever help is needed throughout the day. It will be a super tiring period for me.

When the new maid come, it will not get any easier for the first few weeks because everything had to re-train again and guide her to do the correct things. I hope she is smart enough to pick up things fast. Most importantly, I hope she loves kids as much as the previous one does. Just one action from her which shows she abuse/ill-treat my darlings, she will pack her luggage and back to the agency. No chances given. If she had done it once, it might happen the 2nd time and how will I dare to leave my kids with her alone. Not alone as in only the kids and her will be left in the house because that will NEVER happen. We just need someone to "see" the girls while I attend my conference calls and Hui get to go bathe or do some chores in the house. If I had no confidence that she love kids, will take good care of my kids, I don't see a point having her in my house to make myself worried everyday.

Getting a good maid is like gambling. Luck plays the most important factor. Hope our luck will be as good as 13th August 2008!

Till we meet again...Good bye, Aye Soe

0 comments: