Monday, December 22, 2008

Happy Birthday to Hui

Another year of birthday celebration together again. I guess this year was the simpliest celebration we both had with just simply dinner and NO GIFT for him! Both of us were on leave starting 22nd Dec till 5th Jan for him, and 2nd Jan for me. So on the 22nd, we left our girls with my MIL and maid and went to Vivocity for shopping. Bought nothing but stuff for the girls again! We then proceeded for our dinner and went home after that. Dinner place was chosen by the birthday boy and paid by the wifey!

I like this dinner place alot since I first eaten it at Chimes. The deco and food is simply excellent. And throughout the dinner, we received excellent services, particularly this young lady who is call Mei Zhen. She saw us taking picture and volunteered to help us take a photo together. I took this chance to ask her if there is any discount for any credit cards and if there is any special stuff for this birthday boy who is celebrating his birthday today. She checked upon Hui's NRIC and said the mudpie will be FOC for this birthday boy! There is a 15% disc for OCBC and HSBC credit cards holder. Wow....We've got a great deal here! She always wear a beautiful smile on her face when served our food and cleared our plates.

And when the last dish - Mudpie was served, it came along with a candle. She also mentioned certain days there will be live band and customer can request the band to perform something for the birthday person. Too bad we did not come at the right time as the band do not perform on Monday. I would have asked the band to help sing a birthday song on my behalf if the band was here that day. :(

A feedback card was given to us before we left and ofcourse I commented on the service of this pretty young lady for her friendly and wonderful services. We left the place feeling full and delighted UNTIL we reached the carpark only to realise we were not given the 15% disc despite we paid with OCBC credit card! We only checked on the free mudpie and forgotten to check on the disc!! What a waste!!

This year I did not get the gift in time for the birthday boy because I couldnt think of what to buy. The thing that this boy wanted was too expensive that I do not wish to spent on it. Therefore no birthday present for him on the actual day. But I promised a gift will be coming on the way...a belated present!

An early celebration on the 18th with his family at home.
Cake from Pinegarden.

Hog's Breath Cafe@Vivocity

Our dinner!

The birthday boy with his wifey

Couple shot

Birthday boy getting ready to blow his candle

*Blown*...time to eat the sinful mudpie with ice-cream!

0 comments: