Saturday, November 22, 2008

Semi-solid food

The girls had started their semi-solid food after the PD gave the approval when they went for the jab on their 5th month. First started them off with 1 teaspoon of organic brown rice cereal mixed with breast milk per day. It was now increased to 1 tablespoon per day. I also feed them with Frisocrem rice cereal to give them a taste of different texture of food.

Elsie is still adapting to the switching of milk to semi-solid food and requires more time to accept it. Chloe did a better job and is more ready to accept the switch.

Chloe and her virgin try of semi-solid brown rice cereal (2/11/08)

Elsie first semi-solid food after 5months of milk! (3/11/08)

After reading the 'First Foods' book, I am very tempted to try on making purees! Today I did my very first puree for my darlings. It is easy and fun to do.
Shall monitor if they are allergy to this food for 3 days before I proceed with my next type of puree - SWEET POTATO! :D

Stuffs needed: Diced carrots steamed till tender, blender and container

Blend the carrot and get ready to pour into a bowl

Carrot puree ready to serve

Yummy yummy, Chloe finished it up in 5mins!

Get ready to wash the EMPTY bowl!

0 comments: