Thursday, October 16, 2008

2nd year anniversary

Looking at the subject title, it's obvious what this entry is all about. But before I get started on what we did for this special event, I had a funny story to share which happened on 15th Oct midnight 4am...

Usually E & C will slp together with us on our bed at night because I do not want them to get too use to sleeping in the sarong. And the slping position usually will be Chloe slp more towards us while Elsie slp beside Chloe and they slp in a horizontal position, we slp in vertical position. That day, we just happen to switch their position and during the night when the one slping nearer to us cry, we woke up wanted to feed her. Hui told me Chloe was crying and asked me to prepare her milk. Chloe uses Avent milk bottle and Elsie uses Pigeon. Therefore, I warm up the Avent milk bottle. Hui came out of the room carrying the crying baby as he scared the crying might wake the other one up. He still kept pacifying the crying one calling her Chloe. As I remembered Chloe was actually wearing green and Elsie wearing blue (different color, same pattern top), I then realised the one Hui carried was Elsie & NOT chloe!

Hui did not believe and still went into the room to take a look at the other girl before confirming the one he carried was REALLY Elsie! Luckily I discovered earlier or else we might have fed Elsie 2 times while poor Chloe would be starving with hunger! Hui & I were laughing away in the kitchen because of this matter. What a funny thing to start off on our anniversary day!


Ok, that's it for the appetizer. Let's now go to the main course of this entry...

2 years ago, we were still a family of 2. Now we are a family of 4! Last year we celebrated our wedding anniversary at Bintan Club Med. I told Hui our 2nd anniversary I wanted to celebrate it at Maldives! My wish did NOT came true. We celebrated our 2nd year wedding anni at VIVOCITY!!

As I had some work to hand in on 15 Oct, I'm not able to take leave. Therefore we celebrated it on 12th Oct (sunday). It was a day for just the 2 of us. MIL came over to help us babysit the girls so we could enjoy our dayout for this special event.

I gave Hui's present in the morning before we went out. I got him a Philips Radio Clock. It was meant for him to put in his office desk so he could see me and the girls 24 hours a day..haha...It had many functions - Clock, Alarm, Tuner, Photo slide show, Video, Music (mp3). This gift was not what I intended initially but the one I intended to give did not turn out as expected. Anyway, I also did a customised photo slide show to be displayed using the Photo function. After Hui unwrap the gift, I asked him to go away for awhile in order to prepare the slideshow for him. It was accompanied by our first march-in wedding song. A perfect combi! And I caught Hui with a few drops of tear when the slideshow ended. Hmm...guess the photos and wordings brings back alot of memories!


We left the house around 12.30pm and headed to Vivio straight. We finally went to catch a movie after 5 months! After the girls came to this world, watching movie is like mission impossible. We missed the days of munching popcorns/nachos and sitting in the dark and cold theatre watching the big screen with the stereo sound effect. On this day, watching a movie was our top priority and something we MUST do for the outing. 20th Century boy was the show we watched. It's a Jap movie and heard it's a trilogy. Regretted watching as it means I had to watch it 2 more times in order to know the full story. But where do we get the time again to catch it the 2nd/3rd time?!

We shopped awhile before enter the cinema. The show lasted for 2.5hour and it was already 6.30pm when the show ended. We quickly grab our dinner at Earle Swensen and headed home for rest and to see our darlings.

Our dinner:

Our appetizer

It's a Green Day!

The gigantic chicken bake rice

The sizzling piping hot rocky walnut brownie ice-cream

And now comes to the dessert for this entry...

Although we celebrated our anni earlier, Hui did make an effort to make it a memorable day on the actual day itself - 15th Oct. He came home from work with a surprise cake. A cake from my favourite cake shop, Pine Garden. This time round he did not ordered my favourite Lychee Martini favour. Instead, he ordered his favourite Thriple Layer Chocolate favour. It was equally nice though. After feeding the girls, we cut the cake at around 11pm.

The cake is sooo beautiful & Yummy!!

Happily married for 2 years!

Why only one? Where's the other one?
Well, Chloe was already soundly asleep when we cut the cake

After talking so much, the highlight of this entry had got to be THIS:

Samsung Omnia newly released White color!

And that was my anniversary gift from Hui given on the actual day (15th)! Woohoo...
Thanks DEAR!!

0 comments: