Sunday, September 07, 2008

Mid-Autumn Gathering 2008

Had an early mid-autumn festival gathering with my 14 years of friendship friends on 6th Sept 2008. Usually most of the gathering is held at Limei's house because her house is big enough to accomodate so many of us. Or rather, most of us do not have own house yet and so Limei's house is always our targetted area if we do not want to have our gathering outside squeezing with the crowds.

Before I begin on the gathering topic, I need to comment on this which really amazed me. Hui & I were the first to arrive at her house and we need to deposit our breastmilk in her fridge. Her fridge was packed with food and Jiwei (Limei's hubby) told us there is another fridge in the computer room. What? A household with TWO fridge??! Ok, anyway this is not the best part yet. When Jiwei opened up the freezer compartment of the fridge in the kitchen, it was packed with packets and packets of breastmilk almost filling up the whole freezer! That's not all! We proceed to the fridge in the room and the freezer was also packed with breastmilk! Oh my god! I'm truely impressed by the amount of breastmilk she had stored for her daughter. I think it can last her till more than 1 years old giving the fact if she still continue to pump everyday because breastmilk that stored in the freezer maximum can only last for 2-3months and have to discard away. Great job, mei!

*Sad to say, my supply is always JUST enough to last for 1 day and no excess storage for rainy days. Meaning, today will drink the milk pump yesterday, sometimes touching the milk pumped on the day itself - midnight timing. But I'm contented to still be able to provide my darlings breastmilk till now with the fact that I have not one but TWO mouths to feed! I think I have done a good job too, right?*

Ok, back to the topic...

This gathering is abit different from the rest because we had 3 additional members added to our group! Let's welcome our 3 new members:

From left: Yun En, Jia Rui, Jia Xi

Thanks to Phyllis, Jimmy and Limei, we had a scumptuous dinner. Limei bought BBQ and fried chicken wings from her nearby coffeeshop and also got us some garlic bread. She also kept her promise to me by brewing home-made chrysanthamum tea. Phyllis and Jimmy deserved the most reward as they personally made 2 duck pizzas (our main course) and cheng ting for us. Jimmy had to travel all the way to Yishun to get the duck which really tasted yummy! Olivia and Alan bought wine along as well but I couldnt drink it as still on breastfeeding. As for me, I contributed the most important element with relate to the purpose of this gathering. MOONCAKE!

Our dinner for that night

Mooncake from Fairmont Singapore (Swissotel the stamford)

Early birds get to eat the worm. Early arrivals get to take group photo first!
Ermm, what's that guy doing in the picture? It's suppose to be a ladies shot!

There you go! The men don't get it!

The newly promoted mothers since May 08!
Where's my little Jia Xi??Hui is feeding her at that time so no photo taking session for her. Perhaps another time..

3 Cheers to our 14 years of friendship (exclude the little one in the centre)!

From left: Limei, Liyan, Xinyi, Jenny, Olivia, Phyllis. (missing: Peiyi & Wenjiao)
Center: Little Yun En

0 comments: