Bidding farewell to 2007, here we welcome year 2008. Have you fulfilled any goals/resolution set during the beginning of 2007? For me, I had a happening year 2007 with many first time in my life. Let's recap them one by one...
[1] First time started driving alone to office and back home since beginning of 2007. As Hui had moved to a new company, the carpark fees are too expensive for him to drive to work. Therefore, I took over the ownership of driving to work and sometimes sending him to and from work. As the days passed each day, I had more confidence in driving and therefore dared to drive alone to more places and thus the street directory in my brain also started to expand.
[2] First time receiving a big bouquet of flowers sent to my office. It was a surprise from Hui who was in Paris that time for business trip.I became the hot topic in office that day!
[3] First time giving out angbao during Chinese New Year. That means I spent more than I received during CNY. It's still better to receive than giving out angbaos!
[4] "Fighting" hard for a new role with one of my colleague which in the end, both of us managed to move to that new role in the company. This marks a new turning point in my career. But sometimes when you got something, you would realise the previous one might actually be better. That's life!
[5] First time travelling on my own for a busines trip for 2 weeks. It's not somewhere near, but requires 12 hours of flight in order to reach the destination. Everything is on my own in Germany, Stuttgart but it had proved that I could be independent and brave as well. :)
[6] Hui's beloved grandmother passed away sometime in May 2007. It was the most saddest thing that happened in 2007 but the memories of her will stay with the families and friends forever.
[7] Due to the opportunity of the travelling, I travelled alone from Germany to Paris to meet up with Hui who was there for business trip at the same time as well. This was the best holiday I had although I could only stay in Paris for 3 days. Fulfilled my dream to climb up the Eiffel Tower and visited Paris Disneyland. It was the best holiday I had so far and most importantly, this trip was real cheap due to majority of flight fare already paid for by our company. :)
[8] I travelled the 2nd time to Germany again for business trip and this time was for 3 weeks. It was the most stressful times I had due to the tight dateline given during the 3 weeks intensive workshop. I was all alone in that angmor country with no one to confide and stressfulness made me break down into tears some nights while I was hiding in my hotel room. I did not had a good dinner almost every night as I had to work late and the shops closed early. Having a few bites of biscuits and head straight to bed in order to have energy for next day battle was how I suffered during the 3 weeks. But glad I manged to survived this ordeal and it helped me to lose 2kg without any execise.
[9] Celebrated my first year wedding anniversary in Oct 2007 at Club Med Bintan. It was a well deserved break for me after the 3 weeks of suffering. And ofcourse, the companion did play a part too in making my holiday a memorable one. ^_^
[10] A shocking Nov and I shall keep this to myself for the time being. :p
Sjournalism started on 14th Jan 2005 and till date, it is almost 3 years old with a counter of 6000+! Think time for some revamp soon on it's 3 years old birthday! :)
Here I wish all my readers a very healthy, prosperous and smooth year 2008! HUAT AH!




0 comments:
Post a Comment