Friday, September 14, 2007

Home soon...

Another week had passed and I'm glad that I still managed to survived in Germany.

8th Sept 2007
On Saturday at around 12pm, I went in search for a jacket at the shopping mall (BreuningerLand) near my hotel. I first went to the supermarket to get some mineral waters before shopping around for my jacket. I saw a nice one which I quite like but the shop did not have a new piece for the color I wanted and the one on the shelf had defacts. My colleague told me that the hotel we are staying had this BreuningerLand shopping voucher of 5Eur which we are able to redeem. As we are staying under the comfort room category, we are entitled to one of the items in the comfort treatment list for each night stay with the hotel. One of the item is "Breuninger payment chip". During my last trip here, I had already seen this item but I thought it was some chips used in casino. So this item was actually referring to shopping voucher which can be used in any shops located in the BreuningerLand shopping mall.

This voucher came in handy as I can use it to buy my jacket and anything from the shopping mall. I have 18 nights with the hotel, each day 5Eur, and this amount is enough to get me a jacket FOC! I will visit the shopping mall again for more shopping items with the vouchers :)

After we left BreuningerLand, we went back to our hotel and deposit our shopping items before going to Stuttgart town for a walk. It was real crowded over there as there were some events holding at Stuttgart. There was a wine festival carnival where there were many tents built up selling many many different sorts of wine. It's like a high-class pasar malam. There was also some olympics gymnastic event , which they broadcast on a huge screen the competition held in Germany, Stuttgart. These group of contestants were staying in the same hotel as me and who knows one of them who was on TV and won the gold medal could be the one I saw having breakfast in the cafe together with me that day! :)

We reached the hotel at around 9pm and I was extremely tired after all the walkings!

9th Sept 2007
On Sunday, we went in search of this beautiful lake which everyone is talking about - The lake Konstonz. This lake divides Germany & Switzerland. So if you cross over to the other side, that is Switzerland! Since we are already so near, it will be stupid not to cross the border and step our feet into Swiss. So off we went through driving which took us about 1.5hours from the lake. It was a huge lake. I would prefer to call that as a SEA! It was not as beautiful as what I had expected (But after we went back to office, I was told we might have miss out the other portion of the lake which was the one they are talking about).

As it was already quite late when we reached Switzerland, we didnt managed to walk much over there. We just stayed at the town (nearer to the custom) and walk around viewing the lake. This time I am viewing it from Switzerland watching over Germany. Shops are close on Sunday in Europe. Therefore I couldnt managed to get any gifts from Swiss. Nothing much to talk about in Swiss because it looks quite similar to Stuttgart and other towns in Germany. Probably I will try the Swiss Alps or Lucern in my next trip. It should be nicer there.

On the way to see the Lake - Still in Germany

100m ahead and we will reach Swiss

Doesnt this look so familar?It's in the center of the street and I have seen this in Singapore Science Center!

Found a chinese restaurant in Swiss

In Swiss, view of mountains and lake

Went back to hotel at around 8.30pm and get myself in bed ready for another week of battle.

10th - 14th Sept 2007
I was extremely busy on this week. I worked practically 13hours per day and hardly had a proper dinner since I came here. But that really saved me alot of money by eating cup noodles or biscuits as my dinner in my hotel room. I really missed my mum's soup and my MIL's cooking. I want to be back home! I always had "dinner" at around 9+pm, which is 3am Singapore time. On thursday during the 2nd team dinner, I had my meal at 10.30pm, which is 4.30am in Singapore!! But on Wednesday, I had the best dinner so far in Stuttgart.

The all-time favourite worldwide!

Team Dinner on 12th Sept

A homely restaurant

For work, I had managed to deliver my items and present to the review board on time and got an approval for it. This was the greatest achievement I had in this workshop with many help from the team. There is really a difference between working with Singaporeans and the Angmors. The culture does matter!

And for this weekend, plans had been made to reward ourself for the real hard work spent in this workshop. More shoppings and sight seeing!
Shall update the acitivities for tomorrow and Sunday in my next entry.

1 more week to HOME!

0 comments: