Saturday, August 04, 2007

A new workstation

Due to company expansion, the workstations in the company had reached the stage of demand over supply. Therefore, the management rented another big office on the 4th floor since 6months ago and the new office was ready for operation recently.

There was a reshuffle of seats among the department. Some department moved down to the 4th floor, while some department remained on the 5th floor but changed of lorong (that's what we called in the office. It actually refers to the rows of cubicles).

For me, I had moved from an underexposed to an overexposed workstation! When I'm always late for work, I usually take the cargo lift and "secretly" enter the office by the back door. Previously my workstation was near to the back door entrance and therefore I could enter the office without walking pass too many people. This back door access requires approval and therefore not many people have access to it. The toilet behind this door is also much cleaner compared to the toilet near the main entrance and I walk in and out of this door so frequently throughout the day.

But NOW, my seat is near the FRONT door entrance and management like to walk in and out from THAT door! If I take the back door, I will need to walk pass many lorongs in order to get to my seat. So means the whole world will know what time I report to work lor!! This seat is also near to 3 main meeting rooms and therefore it will be very noisy as employees like to stand around the room and talk before and after their meetings!

I hate my new workstation!! I can forsee more working from home....

I will miss this seat!

The new overexposed workstation

0 comments: