Monday, March 12, 2007

My XXth Birthday

I had grown one year older on 11th March. This year, I had received the most expensive birthday gift from my dear Hubby compared to the past 7 years presents. He booked a 2D1N hotel with Shangri-la Rasa Sentosa Resort for the Executive Panoramic Room. It was having a promotion package and we had a complimentry bottle of wine and a plate of fruits. However, the price was not that cheap!

We arrived at Sentosa around 12+pm on 10th March. Our check-in time was 3pm and since it was still early, we went to play the Luge & Skytower ride. It was fun but the distance of the Luge ride was too short. We took some photos nearby and drove around sentosa since it was still early for check-in. Reached the hotel around 2.30pm and it was crowded with many people waiting to check-in/out. I guess it must be due to the school holidays which attracted many parents bringing their children for a fun time at sentosa!

After deposited our bags into the hotel room, we rested awhile before walking down to Sakae sushi for our dinner. Initially we wanted to have our dinner at Cafe Del Mar but the dinner reservation was full. After the dinner around 9+pm, Hui's sisters, bro-in-laws and brother came to join us. They brought along wine, chocolates and a birthday cake. The cake was from one of my favourite cake shop, Pine Garden located at Ang Mo Kio. And they got my favourite flavour, Lychee Martini! I bet it must be Hui who told them all about this!

My delicious birthday cake

After all the cake cutting and drinkings, Hui passed me my first present and a card. I did not know that there was another present waiting for me in his bag! Is he trying to use back the trick which I used on him on his birthday? Well, trick always only can use ONCE! So it's not that easy to capture the expression on my face even if you present me the 2nd gift at the later stage! :p

A Renoma wallet and birthday card

Without knowing it, Hui passed me my 2nd present about 15mins later. It was quite a surprise because I thought the Renoma wallet + the hotel stay already cost quite alot he shouldn't have spent money on another gift. But this 2nd gift was bigger than the first!

2 presents (wrapped in Tatty bear wrapper!) and 1 card

And the 2nd gift was.....

A COACH sling bag + Renoma wallet + birthday card

Hui's sisters and bro-in-laws also gave me another product from COACH!

My favourite blue color key/coin purse

After all the toasting of wines, they left the hotel around 12+am. Hui and I knocked out shortly after they left and before we knew it, it was already daylight. We woke up around 9am and went down for our buffet breakfast at Silver Shell Cafe around 10am. As the hotel was expecting many guests, we were not allowed to have a late check-out.

We checked-out at 12pm and went Bugis. Hui wanted to renew his Safra membership as there's a roadshow at Bugis. He renewed the membership for 5 years and gotten 1 year free as well as a Timex watch. We then proceed to Tampines Mall for a movie with his sisters and bro-in-laws. "Music and Lyrics" was a nice show. I particulary liked one of the song which Hugh Grant wrote for Drew Barrymore: "Don't Write Me Off". It was just so touching when I first heard it on the screen! But you need to watch this show in order to understand what the lyrics actually meant. Ofcoz the theme song in the movie "Way Back Into Love" was just as nice as well! Go catch the movie if you havent done so! I like this movie.

After the movie, we went back home for dinner followed by Uncle Ringo near Hougang central. The rides were expensive!! The most expensive ride cost $10 per game! I didnt played any of the rides/games because most of the rides there were those spinning kind which I dare not take. I get giddy easily with just a few turns and with that many and fast turning?? I think I will puke right on the spot! In addition, we had spent quite alot during my birthday and I just don't feel like spending that kind of money there.

Hui and his sisters played one of the $10 ride and some game stalls at Uncle Ringo. We left the place around 10+pm. I headed to bed at 11+pm. I'm dead beat and fell aslp right away! That ended my XXth birthday for year 2007 with the following gifts received:

1) A Renoma wallet from Hui
2) A COACH sling bag from Hui
3) A COACH key/coin purse from Hui's sisters & bro-in-laws
4) 2 angbaos from mummy and MIL (amount will not be revealed!)
5) A hand-made birthday card from Cally (A 11yrs old child which Hui's mum babyseat since young)
6) A top from TIAN from cousin Karen
7) A $60 Isetan voucher from colleagues
8) A Feng Shui book by Lillian Too from colleagues

0 comments: