I was having slight sorethroat when I went out dinner with Hui on his birthday. The sorethroat became worse on the 23rd. The fever had not come to haunt me yet, hence I went as planned to hui's grandma's house to celebrate her birthday.
Later at night around 7+pm, we went to Hui's sister house for our early christmas celebration and gift exchange. We had satay, chicken wings, lagsane (made by both sisters) for dinner. And ofcourse not forgetting the delicious chocolate christmas cake. I loved the cake very much. The sponge cake inside was very soft, not dry at all! A pity I couldnt take too much as it was too heaty! We started our gift exchange around 10+pm. Each of us bought a present for an assigned party. I bought a Adidas top for Hui's bro-in-law. I had gotten a Nike Gym washbag from Hui's another bro-in-law. That's my first christmas present received on the 23rd Dec.
24th Dec
On the 24th Dec early morning, the fever devil had came. I knew if I don't cure my sorethroat, fever would be next. Hui brought me to the 24hour clinic to see doctor. I NEVER like to visit a 24hr clinic unless no choice because I had a bad experience at the Clementi branch. Few years ago, I had a fever and went to see a doctor. That was like 11+pm and therefore 24hour clinic was my only choice. The young doctor used the ear thermometer and put it through my ear to test my temperature. Then he claimed everything was good, no fever! I nearly fell off my chair! I came to see you in the middle of the night because I felt hot and giddy, and you could come and tell me I had NO fever??? My mum confronted him and he tested my temperature again, this time putting the thermometer further into the ear. And yes, I was indeed having a fever. Alright, enough said of the history here.
I went home, took the medicine and slept throughout the day on a Christmas eve. This evening, I'm supposed to have a gathering at Limei's house with my secondary friends at 6.30pm. We had gifts exchange as well and I had already prepared all the presents. If I don't go, it would be meaningless to distribute the presents the next time I see them. After some persuasion asking Hui to let me go, I climbed out of bed and we drove all the way to Jurong West for the gathering.
We had steamboat for dinner. I could only ate those soupy stuff and not the bbq food. After dinner, we had a chat with Peiyi (who's now residing at US) at 10pm through webcam. It's touched to see the strong friendship bond between these group of friends after we left the secondary school so many years ago. I really treasured our friendship alot.
After that, we proceed to cut the durain logcake. The heavy durain smell made me drool and wanted to eat so much, but I couldnt. Durain is too heaty for me especially when I'm still having fever at that time. Next program would be the gift exchange. I had received a total of 4 presents!
1)A customised magnet with my name on it from Olivia
2)A bedsheet set + towel from Phyllis
3)A cute T-shirt from Limei
4)A precious moment bathtowel from gift exchange (Through draw lots, I had chosen the one bought by Limei)
*Photos grab from Phyllis's imagestation*
We waited until 12am before leaving the place for home. I fell into deep sleep once I got home due to the medicine.
I stayed home on the 25th as I'm still having fever. 26th I was on leave and rested well that day.
27th Dec
I went back to office on the 27th Oct and found many presents on my desk! I had 3 gifts wrapped in nice wrapping paper, 1 box of Toffee chocolate, 1 bar of Tolberone, 3 Ferrero Rochers and 1 bag of assorted chocolates and sweets. Gosh, I felt so paiseh because I did not prepared any gifts for my colleagues. I promised I will buy next year! I had a wonderful team of colleagues in this company that was what holding me back from leaving this place.
Although I'm sick, but i had a heart-warming Christmas celebrations with family and friends on the 23rd and 24th. And also not forgetting the number of presents I had received this year, it was a fruitful Christmas for me. ^_^
And now, before I had even complete the antibotic course, stomach flu devil came to join in the fun as well. When I reached office, I vomitted and had diarrhoea a few times. I went home in the noon to see doctor and had gotten 2 days MC. Will be back to work on the 29th, which make this whole week, I had only worked 1.5 days...:D




0 comments:
Post a Comment