I had a headache thinking what to buy and where to eat for the past few days. All the preparation was done on the day itself. I took leave on 22nd as well so that I could prepare the stuffs and gave him a surprise. Sent him to work and went down to IMM to get his present. I already had in mind what I wanted to buy for him. I reached at 9+am and the stores were not open yet. Therefore I went to Mcdonald to have my breakfast waiting for time to pass. I never like sitting at a place eating alone because I feel very pathetic as if I had no friends. But I had no choice because the shops mostly open at 11am.
I left Mcdonald around 10.45am and some shops were opened. Walk around the place and found something really cute from a shop. I stood there for a few minutes and kept laughing to myself. I asked for the price and since it was not that expensive, I bought it! That triggers me to play a little joke on Hui to see how realistic is this guy!
After I bought that gift, it was already 11.10am. The shop I wanted to go finally opened. I went in, walked straight to the counter and bought it. Next, I went to Daiso to get a heart shape gift box. Left IMM around 12+pm and went home happily to prepare gift wrapping.
After finish wrapping the gifts, I went online to book movie tickets at 9.20pm to watch 'Night at the Museum'. Hui mentioned he wanted to watch this movie when he saw the preview. Thanks to his bro-in-law, I used his userid to login to Safra website and managed to book a ticket at $8 each. Next in line, the dinning place. I had only decided on the place to dine at 4pm! I called the place to make reservation hoping it was not full yet and YES, I had successfully made a reservation for 2 at 7pm.
Just when I could finally relax abit, Hui msg said he could leave the office now.I quickly pack the stuffs, ate the tang yuan my mum prepared, and left my house at around 5.15pm to pick him up from work.
We reach Thai 1827 Restaurant at 6.45pm. The ambience and decoration in this place was great. The service was good and most importantly, the food was nice! I love the stuffed chicken wing! Since it was a fine dining place, you should expect the price to be quite steep. ^_^
I gave him his 1st present at the restaurant. Due to the size and shape, he thought it was something as what he mentioned before that he wanted. Well, as I said earlier, that gift was meant to play a joke on him. I told him the gift he wanted was too expensive and I'm simply broke now this Dec due to all the christmas gift exchange coming on. That gift was what I could afford now + a nice dinner to compensate for the gift. Look at his disappointed face!

It reads 'Quan Xin Quan Yi Wei Lao Po Fu Wu', 'Lao Gong Wan Shui'
Took a final photo before we left the place to go Marina Square. I had purposely chose a dining place that was not situated at MS or Suntec so that I could surprise him with the 2nd gift at the carpark, before the movie started. If both thing were at the same place without having to move the car, then by the time the movie finished, it might had passed 12am before I could present him that surprise!
When we reached the carpark, I walked to the boot and took out the 2nd gift. Well, picture says a thousand words.

Purposely put the gift in that heart shape box so that he couldnt guess what it was.
The piece of paper wrote "SURPRISE! Hope you like this box as if I had given my heart to YOU"
Well, luckily this guy was not that dumb afterall. He suspected something was hidding beneath the blue shredded papers.
And the gift he wanted was:

PS: I shall now officially declare that I'm BROKE for the month of Dec & Jan(credit card bill for all expenses spent on this day will come in Jan!) !! Anyone wants to date me have to either give me a treat or dine at kopitiam! :p




0 comments:
Post a Comment