Friday, August 25, 2006

It's Amazing!

To those RSAF men, it's no big deal. To a public, especially a lady who had never serve the NS before, it's AMAZING!

Well, I had seen it in movie before how it was done, but seeing it right infront of my very own eyes is definitely a different feeling.

Turning the car into the usual drop off point behind my office building, I heard many fighter planes zooming pass above my head. Just before my car came to a complete stop, I tilt up my head slighty, with eyes scanning through the front windscreen, I saw 2 small fighter planes with a bigger airplane.

Initially, I thought the 2 smaller planes were acting as a protector for the bigger plane. But after Hui clarify, Alas! I was wrong! The 2 smaller planes were pumping petrol from the bigger airplane IN THE SKY! Yes, the key words...IN THE SKY! If it was done on the land, people might think I'm crazy for getting so excited over such a normal scene. But what made me fascinated was the way the planes refilled their petrol in the sky, with a 'stick" connecting the planes together with them traveling at a certain speed together so that the fuel doesnt spills to the land and they doesn't get 'disconnected'!

And ofcourse, this reminds me of the movie Stealth. If you had watch this movie before, there's a part where it shows the AI fighter plane trying to refill its petrol in the sky while escaping away from the other pilot-driven fighter planes. It's a nice and touching show! Hmmm...suddenly got a feeling to watch this movie again. Anyone have the VCD/DVD??

Well, we don't always have a chance seeing planes pumping petrol in the sky right?
Anyway, the key point is...It's AMAZING!

0 comments: