Friday, August 04, 2006

Busy July

It's been a long time since I blog. Just too lazy to blog although for the past one month, I do have many things to talk about..
But today, some of the things that I wanted to write down had been erased off from my brain. I can't remember what was the incident anymore.

Anyway, just a quick update for July.

2nd of July, Hui's parents came to my house to 'Ti Qing'. This visit was just some kind of formality before the wedding. All along I thought this was quite a redundant event but to satisfy the old folks, we just had to do it.

3rd - 19th July, was busy with work and preparing for user acceptance test and user training for one of my project. During one of the user training on 19th July, I met the most ignorant and arrogant bunch of bastard users! Not only did they criticise how lousy SAP system was, they also mention they could do a system better than SAP! These people are a bunch of IT developers who do various software applications for internal company & external vendors. They became my users because they would be using the SAP system as well for this project. They knew nuts about SAP and how powerful this system was, and dare to criticise this system? They also asked why we did not choose Lotus Notes as the platform for this project instead. (They specialise in developing lotus notes application). Well, this was decided by the top management and if they think they are so smart, go talk to the GM! Lucky these bastards were situated at the 4th floor and I'm on the 5th floor! If not, I'll be cursing and swearing everytime I see them in office!

20th July, I had selected my pre-wedding photoshoot photos. I should be getting my softcopies sometime in the middle of August. Because I forgot about this date, it clashes with my secondary school classmates gathering. I wanted so much to join this gathering. It was a farewall for Peiyi, who will be leaving Singapore and flying to US for 2 years, and also a welcome dinner for Jenny, who had returned to Singapore for a short holiday from Australia. Sad to say, now both had left for US and Australia respectively and I could only meet up with them till their next visit back to Singapore.

23rd July, went to my cousin, Karen's house for house warming. A rather small unit but was quite nicely renovated and cosy. I do envy her alot and longing to have my own lovenest too. But wedding and housing at the same time?? I can only choose one.

I have also collected my wedding invitation cards from the hotel in July and had sent for printing. Cards are ready for collection but Hui and me are still finding a right time to go down to collect the cards. It's a real busy July for both of us in terms of wedding preparation, as well as work!

Up on the wedding preparation list for August:
1) Confirming on the guest list
2) Shopping for mom outfit
3) Food tasting
4) Our wedding website.

0 comments: