My company corporate audit lasted for 4 weeks and it finally ended on 2nd June. To reward everyone for putting in extra effort and working over time during these period, the management decided to reward all employees to a pizze feast on the 8th June. We had an 1 hour talk by the GM and some HODs before we got ourselves gobbling down the 90 pizzas that the management ordered! Yes, 90 pizzas of various flavour, many boxes of chicken drumlets, many garlic bread and many bottles of pepsi!!
BUT.......what the hell!! I'm having terrible sorethroat and fever, that I could only sit there and see my colleagues gobbled down one after another slice of pizza, drumlets and garlic bread! I had a cup of pepsi, 2 small piece of garlic bread and headed back to my desk to pack up for the day. Took a cab home, pop some pills and slept throughout till dinner time.
Thought I could be well and return back to work the next day, I was wrong. Woke up in the morning, throat was feeling dry. Had a cup of water and vomited everything out right after. Tested my temperature and I had fever. Flu and cough came to "visit" me as well! Hence, I got to take MC for the day.
Today is also IT dept Team Building day. We are going to have BBQ at East Coast Park. For those who are involved in food and logistic, they can be dismiss at 2pm. The others at 3pm to head to East Coast for activities before bbq starts at 6.30pm. Again, I have to give this event a miss! How could I possibly eat those yummy bbq food when my throat had already gave warning that I could not touch these food for sometime?!
Time is now 3.30pm. Some of my dear colleagues should be reaching East Coast soon. For me, I just woke up from my sleep typing this blog to vent my anger for being sick at the WRONG TIME!!!




0 comments:
Post a Comment