14th April: I went for my first fitting with GHA. I was quite nervous actually as I have a high expectation on my gown. I'm not sure if the outcome would be up to my standard.
'Are you ready to see your gown?', Sandy, my coordinator asked. I walked to the fitting room in anciety. My gown was hanging in the changing room waiting for me to try it on.
The details with lace applique and beadings were pin onto the gown. My designer was afraid that I might poke myself and offered to help me with the fitting in the changing room. Jessie, my designer said I had slim down as the gown seems lose on me. Guess it must have been the stress during last few weeks.
So far so good. Pretty satisfied with it except for the details. I had requested for crystals to be on the gown to have the 'blink blink' effect under the lightings. The crystals will be stick onto the lace applique. The bodice part seems abit plain and had asked to attach more lace applique. The train length was just nice. I did not request for a long train as I do not have a church wedding. A long train will be quite troublesome for movement especially when I will be doing outdoor shootings after the tea ceremony. Jessie also mention if she could use my gown for their upcoming GHA bridal show. "Can, but only after my wedding." was the replied I gave. For a more indepth description of the gown, I would prefer to keep it a secret first. It will slowly be reveal when my wedding is nearer. :)
For the evening gown, I change from MTM to OTR in order to exchange for extra photos. The OTR EG was quite disappointing. Those gown I tried on seems like performing for 7th month Gei Tai. I did not really like any of it, and in my heart, I was thinking to change back to MTM if I still could not find anything that suits my liking. Just as I was going to give up on trying, Sandy brought me a EG which I love at first sight! It was a first hand OTR EG, which means it had not worn by any brides before. I love the simplicity of this gown. I love the strikingness. I love the chiffon material. I love the bodice. I love it when they told me this is a first hand EG. Yes, this will be MY evening gown!
BUT... the minus point would be the length. I think it was abit short for me. Hui said it would look fine if I wear a shorter heels shoe. I was wearing 4" heels when trying on the EG. The EG is empire cut which make it not so flattering on the body. But who cares, I do not have a "monster" figure anyway, so nothing to show off too :p. My designer will add on the details for the EG as this gown was still quite "raw".
After the fitting, we sat down to discuss on the next fitting and photoshoot. They also retake my measurement to resize the WG and EG. Hui's measurement was taken as well for his suit. Next fitting will be in the beginning of June and photoshoot on the 23rd June.
Stay tune for my final fitting updates.




0 comments:
Post a Comment