Saturday, July 09, 2005

The Battle Begins

A busy and sicky life for the past week. Out of my previous company and getting to settle down in my new company. Was in a bad shape on my first day of work on 30th June. Must had caught the virus from my sister. Been coughing badly and plus the changing of my body alarm system (to wake up 6.30am!!), made me beaten by the virus and had yet again, became ill.

Orientation on my first day was simply simple. Doing a checklist with the HR, explaining about the company structure, introducing me to my buddy which he would bring me around the office and introducing my new colleagues to me. My finance users are a friendly bunch of people. So are my IT mates and manager. Guess that's quite important as they are my supporting pillars when I'm under extreme stress.

Only got my T42 thinkpad after lunch. So the whole morning was quite free and started to "admire" my surrounding. Had my own cubicle with two documents tray, 3 cabinets(with lock) for putting my stuffs, one open shelf for files, my name tag stating 'Shara Wong' attach to my cubicle, my personal cisco IP phone with my name logon, a super comfy chair with high backrest and adjustable armrest. Most impt, my office have window!! Though the blind is always down, but i can see sun shining in through the holes bringing in warmth for the day! Well, my previous project site do not have window, hence not knowing if it's shining or raining outside. 2 person had to squeeze in 1 table with 2 desktop and files. Can you imagine that? Scrolling your mouse have to be done in a small action or you might knock into the hand beside you. Everyone was seated so close to one another that you could hear clearly what that person was talking on the phone although he was seated 5 person away from you. Bags have to put on the floor as there are simple no space for cabinets...

Started my first wkend work last sat. Hated it extremely when I'm so sick, yet have to come back to office! It was finance month end cum quarter end closing. Being the IT personnel, I had to be there as well. Guess I should have started work AFTER their closing!

I'm recovering from my bad cough and terrible running noise after seeing the doctor. This wkend shall enjoy myself thoroughly to compensate for what I've miss for the past weekend! War of the world.....here I come....

0 comments: