Wednesday, April 13, 2005

A new PC

I have finally replace my antique PC on sunday. Went to Sim Lim with seh choi and hui. Bought my hardware parts from the shop call Dignity. It was on the 4th floor near the escalator. The boss have quoted me quite a good price. This is because seh choi knew the boss as he have been recommending many friends to buy from that shop.
Bought motherboard, P4 3.0 with HT Tech, 2 Kingston 256mb ram, Seagte 80G SATA HDD, Casing tower, Nvidia Geforce FX5200 128MB graphic card, keyboard + optical mouse + sub woofer speaker (FOC) for $863.

Reach home ard 1+pm and we started our DIY session. Hui fixing the hardware and seh choi in charge of installation of OS & software. Me?? Hahaha, was busy wiping my computer table. It was so dusty. Learnt quite abit of hardware installation from the guys. Especially the fragile processor! Just one pin break and there goes a few hundreds bucks!

To award the two guys, I made linguine pasta for dinner. Cream of chicken soup and bbq chickens were the side dish for that day. Rating from the guys are quite good. But maybe that's because they dun wana disappt me??! I find the pasta sauce quite tasteless. It was too salty at first and I added in water. Hmmm, maybe I added too much. But the sauce is not watery, infact it was still quite thick despite that amt of water I added in. Shall try again next time. The sauce was from the brand Domlio -Cream of Vegetable and Garlic.

By 8+pm, everything was done. Seh choi and hui went off together. Hui's house was having bbq. I did not attend because next day have to work and I need to clear up the mess. And I think for the mean time, it's better I stay away from Hougang. Why?? Maggie, you shld know...hehe.. For the others, hmmm..it's a secret. Haha..

Credits to seh choi for the lorry tranport to and fro from home to sim lim and back plus the installation of the pc. Credits to hui for ....ermmm....everything you have done for me.....*blush*

----------------


On sat, as usual, had my green bean dance rehearsal. Nothing special, just keep practising and practising. They have decided to change the costume for the performance from formal wear to casual wear. Yippy!! Still havent decide what to wear during the D&D. Rumours spreading that it must be LONG evening gowns for the ladies and black TUXEDO for the guys. Hope it's really rumours. It will be a waste of $$ to buy a long gown as I'm sure I'm only gona wear it once. At least if it's just a cocktail dress, I can still wear it during hui's sis wedding in May.

Anyone have evening gown to loan??? ^_^

0 comments: