On sat (12/3), we went as plan to The Scarlet hotel. Reach the place at abt 1.45pm. We were greeted by a dracula look-a-like male staff. The hotel was decorated in a way that it look like a dracula's mansion. Black and Red are the primary color of the hotel. Staffs are wearing costume(actually it's their uniform) that look like dracula and the female staffs put on black lipstick. Indians and Malays forms the majority and I could hardly see chinese staffs there. But I must admit it was indeed a vivacious, bold and sensuous hotel. Very different from the others I went so far. It do deserve a rating of a 5-star hotel. Just by the service and the uniqueness of the design and layout..*thumps up*
We were escorted right to our doorstep by a female "dracula". She briefly went through what and where are the restaurants and facilities they have. Before she open our room door, she actually press the doorbell first. Hmmm, never know they do follow such traditional practice.
Okie, after she left us alone and greeted gdbye, I started exploring around the room. It was smaller than what I expected despite it was already the premium room!
Well, it was built above shop houses, can't expect it to be too big anyway.
Rested awhile in the room and off we went to Suntec. It's a mistake to go there. Because of the IT fair, it was so crowded like nobody business! Everywhere you go bound to knock into someone. I wanted to get a LCD monitor to replace the faulty one. Hoping to get a good deal at the fair.But looking at the crowd, we turn and walk out of the hall before heading in too deep. We have decided to come back tmr morning instead.
Hui suggested The Soup Restaurant for dinner but as both of us are coughing, it would be better if we avoid chicken. Samshui chicken was their speciality dish so if you are not going to have that, you might as well not go in. Just by drinking their soup is not filling enough. Hence, we had our dinner at Yu Jiang Zhuang.
Went back to the hotel at around 7+pm. Bubble bath time! Apple flavour bubble bath from Bodyshop. It was so relaxing....the new flats nowadays is just too small to accomodate a bathtub! Guess I can only do it in hotel even if I have got my own house next time. :(
Sun (13/2), had our breakfast at the Desire restaurant. I would rate 3 out of 5 for the breakfast. It was just average to me, but the appearance does look appealing.
Check-out at 12pm. Headed towards Suntec again hoping the crowd would be much smaller compared to yesterday. Indeed, it was. We manage to walk around the hall quite easily. After a long long decision, finally decide to purchase this silver 17" Samsung LCD monitor @ $499. Specification was quite good. BUT...things just doesn't seems to be the way it is! They only left black color, silver is out of stock!!Argghhhh....finally manage to persuade myself on the $$ matter and with great hope that this time, I'll be able to get a LCD monitor home, I was disappointed again..........*sobsob*
We left the place and went to sim lim, with the determination of getting a monitor back. Sim lim seems to be highly promoting Phillip instead of Samsung. The same model I saw at simlim is selling at a higher price. Phillip is my alternative but the price is higher than Samsung although they have the similar spec. Feeling disappointed yet again, I headed home emtpy handed.
At night, sister msg me stating her friend has lobang for buying Phillip 17" LCD monitor @ $488. What a coincidence! Without much hesitation, I replied 'Ok'.
Still waiting for my LCD to arrive. After LCD, it's high time to change my whole hardware! It's all about $$$ again!...Anyone got lobang?




0 comments:
Post a Comment