Monday, October 04, 2010

Superstar Virgo - Day 2

Day 2: 30th Sept 2010

Although I am really tired, but I was awake by 4+am! Tried to get back to sleep but only lasted for 1hr+. I was fully awake around 6+am and decided to get up to see sunrise.
It was beautiful to view it over the balcony with a full view of the sun raising above the sea! Just when I was feeling pity to myself for viewing this natural beauty alone, Hui came out to the balcony too! Glad we had these few minutes of romance ourselves with the kids still sleeping soundly.

See our blur blur look

The girls woke up shortly and we prepared ourselves to go for breakfast. It was a Chinese breakfast at Pavilion Room Restaurant. Once we sit down, food was served right away to our table. We need not do any ordering as it's a standard set meal. Food includes a big bowl of porridge for all to share and few plates of variety of dim sum. Not bad!

After breakfast, we took tons of photos around the ship and enquired over the reception counter about the boat ride out to Redang. Timing includes 1pm, 1.45pm or 2.30pm. We choose the middle. We went to the arcade to play a round of Daytona with the girls and then proceed back to room to rest awhile. Left the room around 1pm for lunch.

Lunch was western at Bella Vista. 2 set lunch for the adults which comes with appetizer, main course and dessert. Ordered a kids meal for the girls to share too. It was yummy! Food was definitely better than the dinner we had yesterday night. We seems to gobble down the food in order to rush for our 1.45pm boat ride to Redang.
Click to enlarge to see the wordings

The boat ride was not that bumpy as I thought and the sea was not that choppy. I have seasick problem but glad I managed to survive the 15mins boat trip from the ship to Redang island. The girls fell asleep even before we board the boat and were feeling quite cranky due to inproper sleeping position.

When we landed on the island, it was already 2.30pm. Elsie was sleeping soundly and Chloe was awake. In order not to let Elsie miss too much of the fun playing with sand and water as we need reached back to the ship by 6pm, evil me decided to disturb her and wake her up from beauty sleep! Well, I succeeded! :p
Welcome to Redang!

As expected due to previous experience, Elsie was enjoying herself getting dirty with the sand while Chloe was crying away refused to get down! She wanted to play yet say the sand is dirty! End up she had to take turn to sit on Hui and my leg to play with the sand without her leg touching the sand!
Notice our t-shirt? We bought it right at this same island 6 years ago and glad we still managed to fit it in for this trip

We packed up by 4pm and proceed to More More Tea Gift Shop for some souvenirs shopping. Price of the T-shirts had increased alot since the time we went 6 years ago. Everything in there is so expensive now! Since it got commercialise due to that movie "夏日磨磨茶", this island is really not worth visiting anymore if you are looking at some decent resort island. I'm glad that I visited this place 6 years ago with Hui during our Pator time. During that time, Redang island was still considered quite OK. But now even cruise goes to Redang, you can imagine how much the corals and island had been "damaged". Anyway, I spent almost 20mins in the store going round and round finding gifts for the family. When I came out of the shop, I got a shocked. A little story to tell here...

An Ah-neh woman walked over trying to carry Elsie away right infront of me!! I immediately stopped her and she gave an idiot act cute face telling Elsie to take photo with her! Smart Elsie shake her head and pushed her hand away. Ah-neh tried AGAIN and this really irritates me! I told her cannot carry as Elsie is scared. She walked away and back in split seconds standing beside Elsie and asked her friend to take photos with my girls (Chloe was just sitting beside Elsie). After one shot, she exchanged position with her friend and another shot was taken. After understanding more from Hui, then I knew this woman had approach Hui that she wanted to take pics with the twins coz she find them very cute. But because the girls did not want, she walked away. But she came back again few mins later which at this time I happened to be out of the shop. Stupid idiot persistant ah-neh!!

While walking to take the boat back to the ship then I knew another family of ah-nehs had taken a pic with my girls too! Hui said he find it hard to reject them since they had asked for his permission. Sigh.
Hui took a pic of them too from the side. They look like a decent family. Unlike the other two zabors!

Oh did I mention? This cruise trip think 70% population are indians! And that group of family who took pic with E&C were from the same cruise too! My girls seems to attract alot of attention in the ship because as usual, they like to Hi-Bye to strangers. This makes the people wana stop-by awhile to interact with the twins more. Especially those waitress/waiter who would standby our table and play with the girls awhile when they serve our food.

Whatever. We board the boat and reached back the cruise by 5pm. At this time all 4 of us were damn tired. We cleaned up ourselves, changed to new clothes and rest in the room for some time before went out for dinner at around 7+pm. Dinner was BBQ food at Mediterranean Buffet but food was bbq-ed by the pool side. Gave this place a second chance but end up the food was disappointing again.

We head back to our room after the dinner, played awhile with the girls and all knocked out by 11pm!
Again, another goodbye to the camera before we concuss!

0 comments: