Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My first big big Xmas tree!

It's was my childhood wish to be able to own and decorate a big xmas tree since young. But my mum do not allow us to have a xmas tree at home because she said our house had an altar. And xmas is a day which is for the christian and catholic, not buddhist.

After I got married and move out, I had no chance to get a xmas tree too because I don't know if my parents-in-law will mind having a big tree in the house. Moreover they had an altar too. But I did had a small one bought from Hui's BIL and I put it in our room. However, the size was not what I had wanted. No fish, prawn also can lah...

Then later move to SIL house for a year, I did not get a xmas tree too...

And this year 2009, I finally fulfilled my dream! Hui and I are now a proud owner of a 210cm Christmas Tree! The process of setting up the tree and getting the ornaments to decorate the tree is fantastic!

Getting ready to assemble the tree

The manual guide

My man behind my tree!

Almost done, left the top part to fix

The almost ready tree. Need to spread out each branches to complete it.

Yeah, my naked Christmas tree is up!

Decoration is also up!

Standing as tall as my door!

And finally lightings to spice up the tree!


What is still missing??? Presents under the tree!!
Hui and I had come to an agreement that we each will source present for our girls. One kid 1 present. Then we will buy 1 cheap gift for each other. Probably budget $20. Both of us cannot know what gifts we buy for the girls and the other party. On the actual day, all gifts will then be reveal.

Also not forgetting our maid. We will combine to buy a gift for her. So before christmas, we will have 7 presents under the tree! Wohoo...I am getting excited already for Christmas! I am all ready for Christmas party!!

0 comments: