Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happy 2009!

It's 2009!! Happy New Year to ALL! Looking back last year, the only achievement was giving birth to the little twins. Although the journey to delivery wasn't that smooth sailing, but I'm really glad both did managed to come to this world safe and sound. Work wise for last year, it was extremely busy for the first half of the year and that probably contributed to my early delivery (really regretted for working too hard)! Second half of the year was extremely tired. Not because of work but due to parenthood started since 30th May 2008! That was also the time where I started waking up every 3 hours to pump milk, 8 times a day! Sleeping for 8-12 hours which I do usually is an impossible thing now. After both of them discharged from hospital, it was a nightmare! Sometimes 24 hours a day, I only got to sleep 1-2 hour and it continued for a few consective days. It really tired me out to the max that I nearly breakdown!

When I returned back to work on 1st Sept 2008, it was pretty relaxing and I had a hard time finding back the motivation and momentum to work hard due to the 3 months break. Infact until now, I am still struggling to get back the motivation to work!

Year 2008 was THE year that changes me alot - from a wife to a mother of TWO (And it's really a big change!). Freedom lost, spendings cut, sleep much lesser, movies hardly, shopping reduce, travel impossible and many many more...All for the sake of the little ones that took up 80% of my time now (15% for work & 5% for Hui :p). Do I regret being a mother too early and lost all my freedom to enjoy? Well, I sacrifice a hundreds, I gain a millions! A little smile or giggles from them seems to make all the sacrifices mentioned above worthwhile. It's not easy to be a mother, especially a first time mother of twins! I probably did badly as I'm still new to this role, but I am really trying to be a good one...really!

I am learning everyday to provide my best to them. I persisted to provide them breastmilk for min of 6 months so that they are being fed with the best nutrions in this world. And now 7.5 months, I am still continuing to pump my milk although the thoughts to stop is becoming very strong now. I wanted to protect these 2 girls so much that they had already become part of my life. Without them, my life will not be meaningful anymore. I am who I am today, all because I have them.

Look at how much they have changed for the past 7.5 months!

Elsie in 2008

Chloe in 2008

Elsie AND Chloe in 2008

A big smile and warm hug to welcome 2009!

So what's up for year 2009? Well, I guess my world will still revolve very much around Elsie & Chloe. Many people asking if I'm going to try for #3 soon. Well, my 'A' will not appear in the year of cow nor tiger. So guess what's next? :)

0 comments: