Friday, July 11, 2008

Two little terrors

I have not one, but two little terrors at home. Elsie discharged from hospital on 29th June and joined back her sister Chloe in the arms of the tiring parents. We had THREE full month celebrations for them and sad to say, Elsie only get to attend two of them because the first one was on 28th June which she had not discharged yet.

The first one was held at Clementi inviting relatives from my side as well as my secondary school friends on 28th June. The second was held at Hougang inviting all Hui's relatives on 29th June. The third one was on 5th July inviting all Hui's and my colleagues and friends. As both of their immune system were not that strong to fight any virus, we strictly do not allow anyone to carry them or had them out of the room which they were sleeping in.

Eversince people know both were discharged from hospital, the same question was being asked again and again: How are the girls? Can cope with both?

Well, we definitely be able to cope but the price to pay is sacrificing many many many hours of sleep!! Elsie & Chloe had the day and night all mix up. It's so easy to take care during the day as they eat and sleep, eat and sleep. But once the night falls, two little rats started to become active! They can cry and cry for duno what reason during the midnight. We had fed them just minutes ago so it can't be they are hungry. We checked and changed their diaper so it can't be due to soil pampers. We sing song, talk to them but it was no use. Last resort was to carry them and then they start to settle down and fell aslp in our arms. But once we put them back to cot, the shouting and screaming started again. Thanks to their grandparents, both of them are spoilt.First grandchild(ren) in the Wong and Chua family, expected both will be overprotected!

I tried "disturbing" them from their sleep during the day so that they would be really tired and guai guai sleep more at night. But this only work for ONE day! It didnt work the 2nd time because Elsie still make alot of noise at night even though she did not sleep for a couple of hours in the noon. As for Chloe, no matter how I make her to wake up in the noon, she would just open her eyes slightly, made a little smile with her 2 tiny dimples and then shut her eyes tightly again and back to dreamland. At night, she would also made noise but it could be easily pacify by placing her sleep on our bed with a pacificer. High-class Chloe prefers a $2K+ Simmons mattress than a $100+ Babysafe mattress! Elsie is the troublemaker which just refused to be pacify no matter what we do. She do not like pacificer as she will spit it out the moment we stuff it into her mouth. The only way to calm her down is what I called "shopping" in the house! She liked being carried and walk around, from the room to the hall, from the hall to the kitchen and back to the room again. Sometimes after the "shopping", I just sit down on a chair with her in my arms, she will start to scream again!

I was told that non-identical twins will not have the problem like those identical twins where one cry, the other will follow. But this theory was wrong! It happens many times for my case when either one starts to cry, the other follow and the whole house was turned upside down! Is it wrong to put both in the same cot? Should I separate them in different room so that they will not influence each other?? Hmmm...

To conclude, I havent been sleeping for more than 3hours since I gave birth. Before both were discharge, I had to diligently express my milk every 3hours (including the wee hours) inorder to keep my milk supply coming in and have the milk sent to the hospital for them to drink. After both were home, my sleeping hours became even lesser. Sometimes when I finally pacify both to sleep, 30mins later is another feeding time for them which I had to wake up and warm the expressed breastmilk. It's really tough looking after twins and you really needs lots of patience.

But looking at the following pics, all the effort is worthwhile. ^_^

"Hi, I am the jie jie, Elsie"

"Hi, I am the mei mei, Chloe"

Chloe:Dun take me, I hate taking photos!
Elsie:I love taking photos. Mummy, this pose chio bo?

Chloe: Peek-a-poo
Elsie: Only you know meh?

Elsie: See I also know how to wink
Chloe: Chey! Mine still nicer!

Elsie: Ok lah, no more funny faces. Give a nice pose for daddy & mummy.
Chloe: Alamak! Mummy, I zao geng liao you still take!

0 comments: