Monday, July 09, 2007

Dreams fulfilled!

I'm back for one week from my business trip + Paris. The business trip at Stuttgart was not good as the workshop was quite stressful and the last day of workshop we actually worked till quite late at night.

However the trip to Paris, which although was only 2 days had made me wana stay there and not come back to Singapore. It was a beautiful country to stay in. You felt like you are of a certain status - 上等人 when you are in Paris. Everyone is like so classy and plus using French as the mother tongue language, PERFECT!

Everything went smoothly during my stay in Paris until the last day. On the first day when I reached Paris, we had managed to go to all the main tourist attraction and also bought the LV bags. On the 2nd day, we went to Disneyland and stayed there for one full day. It was my childhood dream to go Disneyland to meet all the disney characters and take pictures with them. When I was a kid, I saw TV advertised on Disneyland and how you can meet and have close contact with the disney characters. At that time, going to disneyland was way out of question as we couldn't afford 4 tickets to fly to Europe, US or even Japan. But at this age of 26, my dreams finally fulfilled! I went wild like a small kid when reached and was so reluctant to leave the place until Hui had to pull me out!

*Disclaimer: Heard review that the Hong Kong disneyland was not that fantastic compared to the other 3*

Everything was fine until the last night in Paris, Hui set the wrong timing on the alarm clock on my handphone and both of us overslpt. I managed to reach Paris airport in time for my flight, but that caused us $54 Eur for the taxi fare (we had actually planned to take train) and we also missed getting back the tax refund for the LV bags bought. This is because the counter was in another terminal which I did not have the time to run to and fro to collect the money. It was a big mistake to put my name in the tax refund form or Hui would be able to collect the money since he would be staying in Paris for 1 more day. Anyway, overall it was a very good trip and I hope to re-visit the place again, this time at a more relaxing pace!




*Click here at your own risk. 200+ over photos!*

0 comments: