I had a conference call with my US boss at 8am in the morning. Since I'm already awake at this time, might as well made the best out of it. Hui & I planned a day out to MacRitchie reservoir HSBC Treetop Walk.
Initially we thought this trip would be cancelled because it was raining heavily in the early morning. But luckily the rain had stop by 9am. While I'm still working hard in the morning, Hui's responsibility was to prepare our breakfast and packed nicely into the lunchbox to bring out for our trip. The day before, we bought bread, cheese and ham from Carrefour after our gym session in prepare for this trip. After my call ended and I've settled my work stuff, we changed and got out of the house around 10am excitedly.
We parked our car at the Venus Drive carpark which is about 2.5km away from the Treetop Walk. If we were to park at the MacRitchie carpark, it would be a distance of 4.5km. Since we were not that adventurous, we decided to go for the shorter route. This was our first time there since the opening 3 years ago. I had wanted to pay a visit long ago but just couldnt wake up early during wkend!
Due to the heavy rain in the morning, the trail was really muddy and slippery. We even took the wrong route and ended up walking about 3km extra to reach the Treetop! Hence from the carpark to the Treetop and back to the carpark, I think we walked about 9-10Km in total as we also took a longer route to walk back to the car to bypass the muddy trails.

The Treetop was not that fantastic as what I had expected. The scenery at the Treetop bridge was not that nice afterall. But we had a close view with the monkeys when we were at the bridge. We just stayed at the bridge for few mins and began our journey down hill.




After the Treetop Walk, we headed to VivoCity intending to catch a movie and bathe at Planet Fitness before the movie starts. But unfortuntely, spiderman 3 was fully sold out or selling fast and the cinema at VivoCity had limited shows available. We called home to checked if MIL would be cooking dinner with the intention of going home to eat and rest early since the next day we had to go back work to slog. But MIL said she would be going out and not cooking dinner since no one was at home. No choice, we went ahead as planned to bathe in the gym before thinking our next step.

Photos for the day
After feeling all fresh and nicely smell, we decided to pack dinner and eat comfortably at home. We also bought a dozen of flavoured dounuts (This Vinco dounuts shop always long Q!) as part of our dinner. Ofcourse we didnt finish ALL of them! Both of us ate 6 and left 6 for the family.
It was a tiring yet fulfilling Labour Day.
So how did you celebrate your Labour Day?




0 comments:
Post a Comment