Yesterday, I'm supposed to wait for Phyllis's sms to let me know where she would be after work so that she could pass me the Lao Por Bing that she bought for me from Hong Kong. I received her sms saying she would go home straight after work. As everyone should know that I no longer stays in Clementi but Hougang after my wedding, going down to Clementi just to collect things from her sounds like a bad idea of wasting petrol and time.
Therefore, we decided to go Rocherster park for dinner to make this west trip worth the 21Km distance (Estimated). I picked him up from his work and we drove our Journey to the West! 所谓人有三急,both of us need to go to the toilet urgently. Unknowingly, we passed Singapore Poly and hence decided to "borrow" the toilet.
We drove to our IT department and many memories came flowing back. We spent 3 years studying in this place and working hard in the lab for our projects. This school brought the two of us together as friends, then couple and now as man and wife. We took our wedding photoshoots in this place on our wedding day.
Since I left this place 6 years ago, some things remained while some things changed. At least the foodcourt 6 and MLT12 still remains as it was back in 2001! We loitered around the area and saw some students staying back for activities. I felt like a poly student once again as I walked up the stairs and passed the classroom corridor. How I wish I'm back as a student again and not fire-fighting in a political working society now!
We spent about 10 mintues at SP and proceeded to Rochester Park. This was our first time there and we totally had no idea what's good to eat. We walked around the place and settled on this restaurant called 'North Border Bar and Grill'. The food was simply delicious and the place was rather cosy. But all the nice food and cosy environment usually comes with a high price. When the bill came, we were quite shocked that just a meal like this could cost that amount of damage in our pocket.
After dinner, we headed to Phyllis's house to collect the Lao Por Bing. Besides the box of food she brought down, along came her nephew, niece, sis-in-law and subsquently mother! Well, is this a kind of gesture to thank me for coming down all the way to her block? Haha...fat hope! Anyway, she had a very naughty but cute 3year old nephew, James. And also an adorable and sweet 5+months old niece, Dennis who was borned on the day of our wedding (15th Oct)! But the best part is, she had a pretty sis-in-law whom able to maintain her figure and defintely doesn't look like a mother of 2! How can someone who just gave birth last year Oct could have such a figure just 5months later?! Gosh! *Envy*




0 comments:
Post a Comment