Thursday, December 14, 2006

My First Christmas Tree

When I'm old enough to understand the meaning of Christmas, I never had a chance to own a christmas tree at home. My mum always says we have an altar at home and therefore not allowed to place a tree in the house. To the elderly, Christmas belongs to the christians/catholic event, and having an altar and a christmas tree at home was like a disrespect to the Buddhist religion.

But I remember when I was very young, think 3 or 4 years old, I do have a christmas tree at home. A tall and big one. It was even taller than me at that time! It was back at my old house in Blk 364. My daddy brought it home one day after work and the 3 of us (Daddy, sister and me) decorated the big tree together. Being a small kid, I did not know the significant of having such a tree at home and what it was for. I just find it really beautiful once the lightings were up and decorations completed. At that point of time, my house did not have the altar yet. That's probably the reason why my mum allowed that big tree to enter into the house.

Now, as a grown up who had attended, organise and celebrated tons of Christmas parties, I had always wish to have my very own big and tall christmas tree at home. This year, I fulfilled half of my dream! I wanted a christmas tree to be displayed in my bedroom. Due to the size of the room, I could not afford a big one. We search high and low for a 3-4 feet white christmas tree with those fiber optic attached but we couldnt find. Those with fiber optic were the green trees.

Thanks so much to Hui's bro-in-law, he managed to get for us from China and imported into Singapore. It was real cheap compared to those christmas tree selling in Singapore. Most importantly, it's the color that we wanted - WHITE! The tree comes with the fiber optic and red star ornaments attached and have a turning function when it is switched on.

Last week, we received our christmas tree from Hui's sister. It was indeed very nice. Few days later, Hui and me went out to buy some decorations for the trees. Due to the size, our ornaments need to be in smaller size. We had a great time shopping for it. The tree is now residing at one good spot in my bedroom.


Before

After

With lightings

0 comments: